Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

mk1 or facelift

hondansxr

hi i will be in the market for another sc  soon , do i go with a series 1 or is the facelift much better . 

also is it true up to 2002 they were hand built  ? 

In 2003 the suspension was revised to improve ride and the runflat tyres were replaced with conventional ones.

In 2005 the suspension was revised again to improve body roll and steering response.

I prefer the look of the 2006 facelift models plus you get the better performance of the 6 speed transmission.

I'd try and get as young a model as you can.

What do you mean by hand-built? Sheets of medal rolled into body panels - no. Production of the SC started in 2001, so I doubt there was a major production line change after just 12 months but I'm sure things were more automated as time went on.

• Like 2

The later model is certainly an improved version worth having for the additional cost but the earlier SC is still a good car.

6 speed box, AFS lights, LED rear lights, new style wheels, improved suspension and updated driver aids are the main things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Yes, hand-built, leather finest Spanish, others leather Chinese, .more power

Handbuilt from beginning to end 78 hours, a true hand but car, others 17 hours speeded up to cut down costs cheap materials