Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h Review After 3.5 Years

Hi All

I've had my IS300h for 3.5 years under a company car lease scheme. I thought I'd post a quick review of my own observations.

Having had a stream of German cars for many years I changed to the Lexus IS300h advance. 

Driving an auto and hybrid was a major change for me but after a few months I was very happy with my choice.

The car still feels fresh as it did on day one with no fade in performance or handling.

In my view, the car is the intelligent mans choice for a changing landscape with anti diesel rhetoric and ULEZ about to be rolled out.

I will most likely stick with the Lexus brand as build and overall quality are my main criteria.

Well done Lexus for building such a great car.

My next car is likely to be another IS300h or the ES300h.

Nick

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, nickb2015 said:

the car is the intelligent mans choice for a changing landscape

the letters IS stand for Intelligent sport

• Like 1

Have also owned mine for 3.5 years and main gripe is the way the driver leather seat is wearing.  Creasing and a few scratches.  Not sure how to prevent/protect this or if it is just a feature of getting older ! Performance is better, if anything, and once I had found the "button" below the accelerator pedal, still punchy.

i had the same issue on my 13 plate, worn leather on the bolster and on the side of the base

i used some flexible paint from Bradleys they colour match from a swatch you provide

it looked really good afterwards and it lasted well.

here is a link

http://shop.bradleysmart.co.uk/systems-kits/1443-lps-1-36-400ml-aerosols.html

On 5/7/2019 at 2:57 PM, BigChange said:

Have also owned mine for 3.5 years and main gripe is the way the driver leather seat is wearing.  Creasing and a few scratches.  Not sure how to prevent/protect this or if it is just a feature of getting older ! Performance is better, if anything, and once I had found the "button" below the accelerator pedal, still punchy.

what button?

5 hours ago, ac1962 said:

what button?

You'll know when you find it, I had mine over a year before it was described to me, explains why sometimes acceleration can be better than other time when setting off, you have to "bury" the throttle :-)

Vince

The 'button' is a round black disk about the size of a wine glass bottom. Once you have activated it - by depressing the throttle pedal as far as possible -  you will know.  But don't do it in a 30mph zone or a narrow country road.  It provides a real power surge (and ruins the mpg stats).

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 9:41 PM, nickb2015 said:

Hi All

I've had my IS300h for 3.5 years under a company car lease scheme. I thought I'd post a quick review of my own observations.

Having had a stream of German cars for many years I changed to the Lexus IS300h advance. 

Driving an auto and hybrid was a major change for me but after a few months I was very happy with my choice.

The car still feels fresh as it did on day one with no fade in performance or handling.

In my view, the car is the intelligent mans choice for a changing landscape with anti diesel rhetoric and ULEZ about to be rolled out.

I will most likely stick with the Lexus brand as build and overall quality are my main criteria.

Well done Lexus for building such a great car.

My next car is likely to be another IS300h or the ES300h.

Nick

Great to hear you are loving your Lexus, I recently got my 1st one. 
I also made a wee video on it if you want to check out the 2019 facelift 🙂

On 5/7/2019 at 2:57 PM, BigChange said:

I have mentioned the leather seats on numerous occasions, I have then cream leather , And the seats have been scuffed and worn despite being replaced and despite me being so careful getting in and out of the car . There is definitely an issue with the leather on these seats ,i have had many other cars with leather seats in the past , anemone none of them have worn in the same way . 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links