Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus F-Cars in the park, Newby Hall

If this is the same Newby Hall in North Yorkshire that used to be a Police Training facility I vividly remember some pti trying to drown me in the swimming pool early in the morning under the pretext of teaching me lifesaving in 1974.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

If this is the same Newby Hall in North Yorkshire that used to be a Police Training facility I vividly remember some pti trying to drown me in the swimming pool early in the morning under the pretext of teaching me lifesaving in 1974.

They did the same to me in the 80's...Chantmarle...for the record I was presented with a Bronze Medallion which apparently was the flagship award for life saving. Simply having a PTI not drowning me was worthy of a medal in itself. :wink3:

Nice vid @Cezar B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

@Northern isf last time I saw suspension like that was on an Impala in Los Angeles 😉

Haha your not wrong, I feel bad for the guy there's bound to be damage after that and this video's floating about not like he can say he swerved to miss a deer (or sheep in this case)to the insurance.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, doog442 said:

They did the same to me in the 80's...Chantmarle...for the record I was presented with a Bronze Medallion which apparently was the flagship award for life saving. Simply having a PTI not drowning me was worthy of a medal in itself. :wink3:

Nice vid @Cezar B

I went to Chantmarle for my continuation course in 1975.

Building I recollect is supposed to be well haunted. I did my initial course at RAF Dishforth as Chantmarle was full. A long trip from Gloucestershire in the winter for 10 weeks in those days 😬

• Like 2

Well done guys, four fine looking cars there. Even more disappointed now as it looked a top day out from all the photo's and vids.  That said my pride and joy spent the weekend on a ramp at Lexus Derby after a spectacular MOT fail on Friday lunchtime :thumbdown: , so would have missed out anyway.  I hope to be reunited with the old girl before the week is out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

Well done guys, four fine looking cars there. Even more disappointed now as it looked a top day out from all the photo's and vids.  That said my pride and joy spent the weekend on a ramp at Lexus Derby after a spectacular MOT fail on Friday lunchtime :thumbdown: , so would have missed out anyway.  I hope to be reunited with the old girl before the week is out.

Bad luck! What's it failed on is it suspension related I've a full set of shocks if you need any I know new ones are expensive as mine failed on an MOT so got almost brand new ones for the back I did about 40miles on them. More than happy to swap for a bottle of grolsch.

20 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Bad luck! What's it failed on is it suspension related I've a full set of shocks if you need any I know new ones are expensive as mine failed on an MOT so got almost brand new ones for the back I did about 40miles on them. More than happy to swap for a bottle of grolsch.

No not the suspension but the brakes. Total brake failure, pedal to floor job. The good news is that it was on the rollers during the MOT and not with me in it rapidly approaching the back of bus! (or wheel spinning my way out of Sports Cars in the Park ).  Having replaced all the pads last week while wheels off being refurbished the MOT man obviously achieved some super braking force on its first serious stop and split the rear pipe just past the flexi from the calliper. (I had just been braking steadily on the way from home to the garage to bed the pads in)

For those technically interested the drivers side rear steel brake line burst just above the flexi from the calliper.  I looked at this while doing the pads and thought it looked corroded but not terribly so. The first 50mm of the line is not poly protected and it burst there. There is even a cut out in the arch liner to give wet salt access.......... and spanners when the inevitable occurs.  A design fault in my book as a simple flap / clip arrangement on the arch liner the size of a playing card would save it from being sprayed with water all the time.   Ho hum.  Big boy pants on and pay up for both rear brake lines to be replaced but as they go all the way to the front in one piece (and mostly not visible behind stuff) its a substantial amount of labour.  I'm currently in counselling regarding the potential bill.

• Sad 1