Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharged ISf

Can't believe he's selling it after all the work, as Dan says it is well done literally nothing needs doing I reckon the man hours alone spent building it will be almost half the price of a used ISF I'm tempted myself very tempted infact.

Truly unique as it says and I imagine will be a very sought after car for anybody who knows what must have gone into getting it to where it is now. But maybe hard to realistically value so the auction route will find its true level.  Correction, the auction route will find the most somebody will pay which maybe a different thing. I don't know Peter but good luck to him though to get the best price he can.

He will be wanting closer to 15k I imagine and rightly so. He is a supra guy so imagine he is looking to get back into that. He has tried to sell it at least once in the past. Issue is, in the uk the market for modified cars is poor unless the car is an evo, scoob etc. Modified rare isf’s will be tough to sell. I wish him all the best. 

14 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

He will be wanting closer to 15k I imagine and rightly so. He is a supra guy so imagine he is looking to get back into that. He has tried to sell it at least once in the past. Issue is, in the uk the market for modified cars is poor unless the car is an evo, scoob etc. Modified rare isf’s will be tough to sell. I wish him all the best. 

I agree, as you say the market just doesn't seem to be there for modified cars regardless of how much work has gone into them. A chap I know has supercharged his Golf R, it is a work of art under the bonnet and he has spent a fortune on it but will never see his money back. This car looks superb and if I were in the market for one would snap it up.

I have to admit I've toyed with the idea of supercharging the RCF but on my current form I'd probably put it up for sale a few months after doing it and that would be really stupid.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

I agree, as you say the market just doesn't seem to be there for modified cars regardless of how much work has gone into them. A chap I know has supercharged his Golf R, it is a work of art under the bonnet and he has spent a fortune on it but will never see his money back. This car looks superb and if I were in the market for one would snap it up.

I have to admit I've toyed with the idea of supercharging the RCF but on my current form I'd probably put it up for sale a few months after doing it and that would be really stupid.

If you heavily modify a car in the uk, unless it can be sold for 10k ish or it’s a porker etc it will struggle to sell. By definition modifying is changing to an owners likes/specification there by narrowing the number of people whom would share that vision. Basically mods need to be returnable to stock or be for mod heavy cars like evo’s. Just the way the UK market operates. 

• Like 1

It is very interesting it’s not for sale on here. We got close to swapping cars a few yrs back. I managed to find an ISF whilst keeping the swapper which I’m glad about.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Spunkmeyer said:

It is very interesting it’s not for sale on here. We got close to swapping cars a few yrs back. I managed to find an ISF whilst keeping the swapper which I’m glad about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He isn’t a fan of the folk on here I don’t think. He got a bit of feedback he didn’t like last time he tried to sell it via the forum. 

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

There's a BIN option for £26k. I'm not into modified cars, so no idea if thats anywhere near a realistic figure for his car.

20 minutes ago, Charliecloud said:

There's a BIN option for £26k. I'm not into modified cars, so no idea if thats anywhere near a realistic figure for his car.

Ah ok, missed that. That’s the issue he had last time and why he isn’t on here as much any more. He is after a return on investment when that sadly isn’t the case with cars like this. With cars like this modifications are a sunk cost not reflected on the appreciation of the car. As such a modified car to this extent doesn’t add value and for many does the opposite. It’s a niche car as it is and modified even more so. Of course I wish him luck and it is a superbly well cared for car, it just needs the right buyer. 

• Like 1

A cars worth whatever someone's willing to pay and with the ISF being a rare car it would actually appeal to people who are researching them and like to modify, I know if this was on the market before I bought mine I'd snap it up as before I bought mine I researched everything including what modifications could be done. 

55 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

With cars like this modifications are a sunk cost not reflected on the appreciation of the car.

But yet you can find highly modified supras skylines infact most Jap stuff with a bit of a following and it does make the car more valuable than a stock example, so why would this be any different at all yes they may take time to sell but they do sell I'm talking from experience several plus times. An example of such car

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Skyline-R34-GTR/264056141141?hash=item3d7af8f555:g:bYIAAOSwtKlb-AJi

Having gleefully posted updates on my various modifications (and those made by others) on these pages only to find that a large number of our more prolific members Are purists who would rather down a pint of cold sick than modify their cars from stock (and think that you are the spawn of Satan for even considering it) I am totally unsurprised Pete has not listed his car on here.

If you read back up this chain there is enough ‘evidence’ here already that ‘we’ don’t think his car will go for what it is worth.

Based on that useful insight then I’d have to say that if I was selling mine then, after reading the above and realising that any prospective buyer would then get to read it too, this would be the last place I would advertise it.

I am pretty sure that if Pete doesn’t get anywhere near his buy it now price then that car will remain in his garage.

eBay is a great and cheap ‘testing ground’. 

That car is a unicorn and if somebody out there happens to be looking for that exact one then it will go to a great home.

• Like 4

No need to take offence chap this is a forum where people are free to express opinions. As I stated evos and supras etc have a history of being heavily modified and are a part of jap culture. An isf in the U.K. is not. By modifying any car you limit the potential audience. By modifying an isf which is already quite niche you make it even more niche. Even people who mod cars like to put their own stamp on a car so some cars may be too modified/have the wrong modifications for their taste. 

I modify all my cars to a degree so get it and enjoy it but I ensure my mods are reversible or I accept they are a sunk cost. 

In my time here no one is deliberately trying to anger or upset anyone. If someone gets offended that’s up to them. 

I hope Pete sells it for a price he is happy with and as you say there may well be the perfect buyer out there. 

• Like 1

If I had an older / higher mileage F or otherwise reason to change I'd be very interested in this. I'd have expected to pay more than £26K to get it too! I wish him the very best in finding the correct buyer. I really want this to go to someone with the same passion he has and will continue to look after it. Hopefully will get to see it at a future meet sometime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Having gleefully posted updates on my various modifications (and those made by others) on these pages only to find that a large number of our more prolific members Are purists who would rather down a pint of cold sick than modify their cars from stock (and think that you are the spawn of Satan for even considering it) I am totally unsurprised Pete has not listed his car on here.

If you read back up this chain there is enough ‘evidence’ here already that ‘we’ don’t think his car will go for what it is worth.

Based on that useful insight then I’d have to say that if I was selling mine then, after reading the above and realising that any prospective buyer would then get to read it too, this would be the last place I would advertise it.

I am pretty sure that if Pete doesn’t get anywhere near his buy it now price then that car will remain in his garage.

eBay is a great and cheap ‘testing ground’. 

That car is a unicorn and if somebody out there happens to be looking for that exact one then it will go to a great home.

'Pint of cold sick'. Where can I buy that? Sounds great! 👍😂:devil2:

Can I also add that both my F's were modified.

IS-F - That had a vanilla tree thingy air freshener

RC-F - I put a brighter LED reversing bulb in it. Don't think it was any brighter - crap mod. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Afternoon Folks,

Just thought I would chime in and clear up a few points. No, car wasn't offered on here, being an owners club, most people already have an IS-F, so are less likely to be in the market for one. I also didn't want to break the rules by advertising without Gold Membership status.

Regarding the price, even if someone does offer me close to the buy it now price (£26k), this is well under half what I have spent on the car. If I was trying to recoup my costs, the price would be over £50k.

If you are looking to buy an IS-F, then tune/modify the car to make big horsepower you would spend a lot more to make a stock car look/perform like mine does. Also keep in mind the modifications are not extreme like most (no neon lights, lairy colours, spinners etc), car is still very subtle, and can be used daily if the new owner so chooses.

If the current bids and offers are anything to go by, car won't be going anywhere. Worth pointing out I had a genuine offer of £17,500 which I respectfully declined.

If you were in the market for a Japanese saloon that has over 600hp and is reliable, you would be hard pushed to find anything under £30k.

I have no grief or ill feelings towards anyone on this forum, nor do I have an issue with people having their opinions, but to try and say modifications de-value a car or don't add any value is wrong. If you notice 'The Hulk' GTR is also advertised on eBay at the moment. I know the tuner who built it, Severn Valley Motorsport (SVM) and they want £155k obo. If you apply the it's a 2009 model worth £28k book price for trade-in, you would argue this is ridiculously priced, no one will buy it etc.

My car is a one-off, the parts used are all high quality items and couldn't be bought/fitted/setup for less than £50k IF that's what you wanted to do. The supercharger kit alone is close to £10k plus the installation, setup, running in etc. I accept the fact I won't get my money back, that's the way it goes with modifying cars. What I will not accept is the idea of giving it away for a silly price. I am not desperate and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car whatsoever, lack of free time is the main driver for potentially finding the car a new home.

It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but if that price is too low, it won't sell as I would rather keep it.

Hope that clears things up and if it did find a good home, rest assured I would still be around to help folks out with any technical issues or modifications they might need in the future.

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 19

40 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

I also didn't want to break the rules by advertising without Gold Membership status.

"2nd November 2018 - New selling rules

UPDATE: You no longer need to be a gold member to sell here. Any member can sell as long as your adhere to the simple rules below."

• Thanks 1