Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharged ISf

47 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Afternoon Folks,

Just thought I would chime in and clear up a few points. No, car wasn't offered on here, being an owners club, most people already have an IS-F, so are less likely to be in the market for one. I also didn't want to break the rules by advertising without Gold Membership status.

Regarding the price, even if someone does offer me close to the buy it now price (£26k), this is well under half what I have spent on the car. If I was trying to recoup my costs, the price would be over £50k.

If you are looking to buy an IS-F, then tune/modify the car to make big horsepower you would spend a lot more to make a stock car look/perform like mine does. Also keep in mind the modifications are not extreme like most (no neon lights, lairy colours, spinners etc), car is still very subtle, and can be used daily if the new owner so chooses.

If the current bids and offers are anything to go by, car won't be going anywhere. Worth pointing out I had a genuine offer of £17,500 which I respectfully declined.

If you were in the market for a Japanese saloon that has over 600hp and is reliable, you would be hard pushed to find anything under £30k.

I have no grief or ill feelings towards anyone on this forum, nor do I have an issue with people having their opinions, but to try and say modifications de-value a car or don't add any value is wrong. If you notice 'The Hulk' GTR is also advertised on eBay at the moment. I know the tuner who built it, Severn Valley Motorsport (SVM) and they want £155k obo. If you apply the it's a 2009 model worth £28k book price for trade-in, you would argue this is ridiculously priced, no one will buy it etc.

My car is a one-off, the parts used are all high quality items and couldn't be bought/fitted/setup for less than £50k IF that's what you wanted to do. The supercharger kit alone is close to £10k plus the installation, setup, running in etc. I accept the fact I won't get my money back, that's the way it goes with modifying cars. What I will not accept is the idea of giving it away for a silly price. I am not desperate and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car whatsoever, lack of free time is the main driver for potentially finding the car a new home.

It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but if that price is too low, it won't sell as I would rather keep it.

Hope that clears things up and if it did find a good home, rest assured I would still be around to help folks out with any technical issues or modifications they might need in the future.

Cheers,

Pete

I don’t agree with all of that but no point debating it. As you say, ultimately it is worth what someone is willing to pay. As mentioned earlier, I hope you get a good offer chap. There is no denying it’s very well cared for 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Must have taken ages to sell with that installed 😂

Thought about the vanilla magic tree but the insurance costs were prohibitive. Went with the "New Car Smell" in the end which isn't considered an upgrade or modification but now nobody on Instagram will talk to me. 

Great that people who aren't gold members can now sell on here . How do i go about downgrading my membership status? 🤔😉

• Like 2

@Peter P18 Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear you are thinking of selling given all the research, money & effort you have put in to modifying the car.  Having had the pleasure of experiencing how well it went before it had the supercharger it will certainly be a unique & special car for someone.

Good luck with the sale, but part of me hopes you hang on to it. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2019 at 3:17 PM, NothernDan said:

Great that people who aren't gold members can now sell on here . How do i go about downgrading my membership status? 🤔😉

Seems to be all very random.

When I sold my F, I posted a link to the garage selling it. The mods banned the thread. Madness 😢

On 5/8/2019 at 2:08 PM, Peter P18 said:

Afternoon Folks,

Just thought I would chime in and clear up a few points. No, car wasn't offered on here, being an owners club, most people already have an IS-F, so are less likely to be in the market for one. I also didn't want to break the rules by advertising without Gold Membership status.

Regarding the price, even if someone does offer me close to the buy it now price (£26k), this is well under half what I have spent on the car. If I was trying to recoup my costs, the price would be over £50k.

If you are looking to buy an IS-F, then tune/modify the car to make big horsepower you would spend a lot more to make a stock car look/perform like mine does. Also keep in mind the modifications are not extreme like most (no neon lights, lairy colours, spinners etc), car is still very subtle, and can be used daily if the new owner so chooses.

If the current bids and offers are anything to go by, car won't be going anywhere. Worth pointing out I had a genuine offer of £17,500 which I respectfully declined.

If you were in the market for a Japanese saloon that has over 600hp and is reliable, you would be hard pushed to find anything under £30k.

I have no grief or ill feelings towards anyone on this forum, nor do I have an issue with people having their opinions, but to try and say modifications de-value a car or don't add any value is wrong. If you notice 'The Hulk' GTR is also advertised on eBay at the moment. I know the tuner who built it, Severn Valley Motorsport (SVM) and they want £155k obo. If you apply the it's a 2009 model worth £28k book price for trade-in, you would argue this is ridiculously priced, no one will buy it etc.

My car is a one-off, the parts used are all high quality items and couldn't be bought/fitted/setup for less than £50k IF that's what you wanted to do. The supercharger kit alone is close to £10k plus the installation, setup, running in etc. I accept the fact I won't get my money back, that's the way it goes with modifying cars. What I will not accept is the idea of giving it away for a silly price. I am not desperate and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car whatsoever, lack of free time is the main driver for potentially finding the car a new home.

It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but if that price is too low, it won't sell as I would rather keep it.

Hope that clears things up and if it did find a good home, rest assured I would still be around to help folks out with any technical issues or modifications they might need in the future.

Cheers,

Pete

All the best with the sale Pete, I can still remember being 4 cars back on the motorway and hearing her go, I hope u get what your after and stay in touch,

all the best,

Paul

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

All the best with the sale Pete, I can still remember being 4 cars back on the motorway and hearing her go, I hope u get what your after and stay in touch,

all the best,

Paul

Thanks Paul, thanks to all of you for the well wishes, it will never be goodbye, still plan to help out and offer advice for anyone that wants it. Car won’t be going anywhere unless I can get what I feel is a fair price. Current bid doesn’t fill me with much confidence, but had some calls and emails that were a lot more encouraging. If it’s meant to be, then it will go to a new home. If not, that’s no hardship either! 

Has been a real labour of love, but I’m really pleased with how it turned out.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon All,

On the off chance anyone is interested in my car, the current auction on eBay is due to end on Saturday at lunchtime. Bidding has reached just over £18k, and for those interested, the reserve is set at £21k. Provided the reserve is met before the end of the auction, car WILL be sold to the highest bidder. I don’t intend to pull the ad early, as I’ve had a couple of time wasters already. 

Highly doubt anything like this will come up again anytime soon, so please do get in touch if you have any questions.

I’ll be sad to see it go, but hopefully someone out there can get more use out of it than I can and will love it as much as I do.

Appreciate any help spreading the word or pointing this out to any potential buyers they come across.

Thanks all,

Pete 

• Like 2

This car is an absolute legend. £21k would be an absolute bargain.

Hopefully it ends up in good hands on here. 

Did you ever track it Pete? I'd love to see any footage.

Hey Deron,

Thanks for the kind words. It would be a steal at £21k, but not holding my breath at the moment! Really hope it does sell to a deserving owner who will cherish and enjoy it as much as I have.

Didn't track it due to being too loud mate. It can be toned down by Hayward & Scott, but I didn't want to lose the awesome growl! Lol.

Car would sell for more if I wanted to part it out, but that would be such a shame after all the blood, sweat and tears building it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Hey Deron,

Thanks for the kind words. It would be a steal at £21k, but not holding my breath at the moment! Really hope it does sell to a deserving owner who will cherish and enjoy it as much as I have.

Didn't track it due to being too loud mate. It can be toned down by Hayward & Scott, but I didn't want to lose the awesome growl! Lol.

Car would sell for more if I wanted to part it out, but that would be such a shame after all the blood, sweat and tears building it!

You got a link to that magazine article you've linked to on your eBay auction? Would like to read it.

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks Matt, unfortunately it didn’t make the reserve. If anyone here is interested, I’m willing to take £20k, but needs to be a quick sale.

If you can spread the word, or send anyone my way, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks guys.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links