Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apple Carplay for Lexus NX

I asked Lexus Customer care about this and got a reply.  I have a 2019 NX.

Thank you for your email regarding your Lexus NX300h.

I am pleased to confirm that yes, your vehicle will be suitable for a software upgrade later this year, which includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. The current ETA for this is May, however this is an estimate and may be subject to change.

The software upgrade for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be available through your local Lexus Centre only, and will not be able to be carried out yourself. This is because it is a much larger update than the usual map update which you are trying to carry out now. 

This is just a general comment on apple CarPlay. Recently I hired a car in Cape Town, what we would know as a Vauxhall (badged Opel) Grandland X. 
The car was ok to drive, but I found out it had apple CarPlay / Android Auto. This is the first time I have used it and it is really cool, so much so that I want to put this in my 2016 Lexus NX, although the conversion seems pricy.

Anyway, it was good to be able to use Waze to find our way around (no Satnav  supplied in the hire car), make and take calls and play my music on my phone effortlessly. You don’t get to see all the apps on your phone but the ones you can see are useful.

Recall how to get satnav in your car, you have to upgrade ? You don’t need to with CarPlay, you just need a connection from your phone to the car. In the hire it was a USB cable, but others do this via Bluetooth, so no cables required.

This has now become one of my “must haves” in looking for a replacement vehicle in the future. It should be standard on all cars, but some manufacturers would prefer you spent loads on their systems. Not any more. 

Not sure if you saw this.

I have CarPlay in my 2014 NX300H

https://www.beatsonicusa.com

This is where I purchased it from (there are two versions depending if you have sat nav installed on your Lexus or not). 

They had a $100 discount when I ordered (it was $499)

Costs:
£436 = ($499 in GBP)
£110 = Import Duty
£135 = Installation Charge

£681

Lexus Newcastle only do authorised Lexus work but they recommended the Auto Electricians they use for outsourced work.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marsdenlad said:

Not sure if you saw this.

I have CarPlay in my 2014 NX300H

https://www.beatsonicusa.com

This is where I purchased it from (there are two versions depending if you have sat nav installed on your Lexus or not). 

They had a $100 discount when I ordered (it was $499)

Costs:
£436 = ($499 in GBP)
£110 = Import Duty
£135 = Installation Charge

£681

Lexus Newcastle only do authorised Lexus work but they recommended the Auto Electricians they use for outsourced work.

I saw this too and was very tempted however I'm going to wait and see if/when Lexus can do a retrofit of the software to my 2018 NX (with the 10.3 inch screen), It's looking like maybe April or May now 🙏. If not then I'll definitely look into the Beat Sonic alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

You had convinced me that apple Play was an option we really needed so I was excited when our Aygo ExCite arrived with this option.

Music Options may be First Class but the Nav Options are not as I hoped.

apple Maps are the best but do not show Speed Camera Data.

Waze does & even warns of Pot Holes. Initially I was  impressed until I found it generally does not Re-Route in Rural Settings.If you read the Spec.it checks your chosen deviation for 5 minutes to evaluate whether your Route is an advantage & ,if it isn't, it does not Reroute.

Google shows Speed Cameras as a small orange circular icon but the audible warning has been removed & the Mapping is very basic.

You can of course down load Tom Tom @ a cost.

Tel

• 1 month later...

My new  N300h Premium Sport was delivered late March (lockdown day!)  and it is fitted with apple CarPlay and Android Auto, have linked up with my Iphone but not used yet - Photos attached if these help anyone.

D7F5B4F6-AC9D-4D36-9AEB-CA48EF6D81FB.jpeg

5E87790D-1707-436C-9E41-2B2A61BA1645.jpeg

18F2ADCA-A1B5-43D9-9B75-88666DE1F769.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey still need some technical help:

lexus NX 2016 200t. Installed CarPlay system by Carlink, see pictures. The system disables my touchpad and 3 buttons on top of it. 

without the system everything work perfect.

any solution?

7A4610D3-528B-40E4-B3A5-D86E96E7CB9A.png

B252453A-BAC6-48A6-82FE-E01038A3A3C4.png