Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noise - Carbon Look Wing Mirror Covers?

PGL

I've got an unusual issue with noise entering drivers side of car, most noticeable when on a single carriageway when cars travelling on opposite carriageway pass by at speed.

I  had a CT for 5 years previously and test drove a 2019 spec car before buying, and have never experienced this before.

Only obvious difference between cars is my latest car came fitted with Carbon Look Wing Mirror Covers and wonder if anyone has these fitted or has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Car has been checked by dealership, and a seal replaced but problem persists.

• 1 month later...

After Lexus appear to have not been able to discover issue with noise entering cabin I had it looked at independently.

All the seals and door fitments are OK but they could hear the noise that Lexus could not.

One difference between my older CT and present 2019 model is the window closing mechanism, on closing the window slows and the bottom rubber seal raises. Notice rain clears from outside of glass when closing and opening windows, because of this, unlike previous car.

Would like to hear from anyone who has a 2019 spec CT to find out if they are hearing anything similar.

After Lexus appear to have not been able to discover issue with noise entering cabin I had it looked at independently.

All the seals and door fitments are OK but they could hear the noise that Lexus could not.

One difference between my older CT and present 2019 model is the window closing mechanism, on closing the window slows and the bottom rubber seal raises. Notice rain clears from outside of glass when closing and opening windows, because of this, unlike previous car.

Would like to hear from anyone who has a 2019 spec CT to find out if they are hearing anything similar.

Funny I raised window noise with my dealer this week on my 2018 F Sport. My 2014 never had it but my 2018 has an occasional almost rattle from the windows glass. If you lower the window a tiny bit then it really vibrates (which is fair enough) but the same noise happens fully up only less noticeable. The dealer tech heard it but could only confirm it’s down to the design of the seal. In my case I’ve just put up with it and only raised it with the dealer when the car was in for service anyway. Like you I think they have changed the window seal design and introduced noise (occasional rattle and slightly more wind noise). 

On 6/27/2019 at 6:08 PM, colin79666 said:

Funny I raised window noise with my dealer this week on my 2018 F Sport. My 2014 never had it but my 2018 has an occasional almost rattle from the windows glass. If you lower the window a tiny bit then it really vibrates (which is fair enough) but the same noise happens fully up only less noticeable. The dealer tech heard it but could only confirm it’s down to the design of the seal. In my case I’ve just put up with it and only raised it with the dealer when the car was in for service anyway. Like you I think they have changed the window seal design and introduced noise (occasional rattle and slightly more wind noise). 

Colin do you notice anything when vehicles are passing on opposite carriageway, single not duel carriageway? Strangely this seems to depend on road surface and type of vehicle passing. Have road tested a couple of newish CT's and they have similar issues. Odd for Lexus to change to worse system after all the years car has been manufactured.

4 minutes ago, PGL said:

Colin do you notice anything when vehicles are passing on opposite carriageway, single not duel carriageway? Strangely this seems to depend on road surface and type of vehicle passing. Have road tested a couple of newish CT's and they have similar issues. Odd for Lexus to change to worse system after all the years car has been manufactured.

I usually notice it on a poor surface rather than depending on traffic passing in the opposite direction. Temperature also seems to play a part, actually worse when warmer.

Is there any other CT owners who can provide their views on this road noise issue?

Would like more information, if possible, so I can advise Lexus.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links