Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smoking with bad fumes.

Please someone help!!!! 

Got a is220d 08 plate and it’s smoking like a chimney with grey blues smoke and smell of burning excess fuel. Had 3 full diagnostic tests and not showing up as faults.

Things I’ve had done to it and it’s still doing it:

egr chnaged

dpf sensor changed

5th injector changed 

other 4 injectors been done

carbon clean

dpf been cleaned

mapped with the original file which went fine for few days but then started to smoke again with the smell of burning extra fuel again Am at a lost cause now does anyone have any ideas please coz I feel like putting a hammer thru the car. 

Cheete tony

It is loosing water abit like mate, it only seems to smoke when the engine is warmed up, for eg if I drive it now for 10-15 mins it’s fine then starts to smoke but can last bout 5 mins then stop then it can come back in 10 mins. Cheers for reply 

If it's losing coolant and smoking that points to possible head gasket failure, does it overheat at all? A garage should be able to do a quick test for you to see if there are hydrocarbons in the coolant, or you could get a test kit from amazon and check yourself. Fingers crossed for you it's something else as I suspect that will be an expensive repair if it is blown, but if the coolant is going down then it has to be going somewhere and the smoke, especially blue smoke, is another telltale sign. See if you can see any obvious leaks near the coolant reservoir.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links