Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior light upgrade

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, Eame64 said:

Was thinking of upgrading the non led interior and boot lights on my RX450H and was wandering if anyone had used these ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTERIOR-LED-SMD-Bulbs-KIT-WHITE-6000K-CANBUS-fit-LEXUS-RX350-2009/181450361896?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

And if so are they of a good enough quality.

THE FOLLOWING INFO RELATES TO THE RX400H, NOT THE 450

I've part-done mine. Haven't bothered with the year interior light (yet). Didn't buy a kit, but bought individually.

Worth doing IMHO. But now that the "reading/map lights" end up with a blueish tint, down to the light cover... Main courtesy light still shines white.

Bought a pair of these for the reading/map...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PC-BA9S-T11-T4W-3014-LED-24-SMD-Car-Side-Light-Bulb-Interior-Lamp-White-12V-/222840203996

One of these festoon bulbs - 31mm - for the front courtesy light...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Festoon-31-42mm-Led-Smd-c5w-sv8-5-Lamp-Light-Bulbs-Interior-Hid-White-12v-UK-/153037949846

I can't open the email confirming what I used for the boot... But the email title says 28mm festoon... So two more of the above festoon bulbs will probably be right. Also, my hunch is that the rear courtesy light will be the same, but I haven't looked yet.

The festoons are polarity sensitive, but you just take them out and insert the other way if they don't work.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING WHATSOEVER EVEN IF IT'S MY FAULT 😊

Edited by Farnham Dave
Whoops.... Misread the original post. Sorry
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, Eame64 said:

Was thinking of upgrading the non led interior and boot lights on my RX450H and was wandering if anyone had used these ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTERIOR-LED-SMD-Bulbs-KIT-WHITE-6000K-CANBUS-fit-LEXUS-RX350-2009/181450361896?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

And if so are they of a good enough quality.

I did purchase this set and they do fit the 450h.

As has been said before the rear interior dome light needs patience but the rest are ok to change even though the boot ones need a bit of adjusting.

The only ones i have not done as yet are the wing mirror lights.

Only time will tell if they are of any quality but they do look good.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just bought the same set for my 2015 RX450H. 

The question I have is how do you get at the bulbs in the front dome. Do you remove just the frosted plastic light cover OR the whole complete front dome assembly and get at the bulbs that way. Can anyone please help.

Just the frosted plastic cover.

It's about 15 months since I did mine so can't remember for certain, but I think you prize out the back first as there are two small locating lugs at the front - but just be careful in case my mind is playing tricks. Maybe worth a look on Youtube to see if anyone's made a video?

• Like 1

I have just bought the same set for my 2015 RX450H. 

The question I have is how do you get at the bulbs in the front dome. Do you remove just the frosted plastic light cover OR the whole complete front dome assembly and get at the bulbs that way. Can anyone please help.

1 hour ago, Young at heart said:

Many thanks for your quick reply. I'll try this as soon as i get home.

Let us know how you get on!

Many thanks Herbie. You were correct when you said prize out the back first.(see photo) there is a lug at the front.

All is going well except one problem.

How do you remove the two map bulbs?  I can't seem to get any hold on them and i scared to use pliers as i may bust the bulb.

any help would be appreciated.

20190614_100844.jpg

20190614_102454.jpg

20190614_101154.jpg

I'll have a look at mine later but I don't think I changed them for that very same reason.

EDIT - just confirmed that mine are the same and don't need changing anyway because they're already LEDs.