Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi chaps 

i did call the lexus birmingham today for a new Battery and they charge £104+vat but they give you only 12 month warranty 

and Halfords got a yuasa HSB335 £124 with 5 years warranty.

don't now which one to get

Blimey...they’ve gone up a good bit they used to be around the £60-70 mark. 

I’m pretty sure the warranty on the Toyota/Lexus one was longer than a year when I purchased one a few years back.

Personally I would go for the Halfords one with the extended warranty but having said that have you seen these? Just make sure the terminal positions are correct before ordering.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xlexus+ls400+battery.TRS0&_nkw=lexus+ls400+battery&_sacat=0

I've been buying car and leisure batteries from these chaps for a few years now, they always seem to have the best prices around that I can find. I just bought and fitted one for my LS400. 

https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/1664/s/hankook-mf57029/

I've put a Hankook in our Honda CRV as well, performing great after 3 years. Also had a conversation with an auto electrician who rated the Hankooks very highly.

whichever one you get just make sure that the Cold Cranking is the highest possible ..........  I understand that this is the feature that separates the " boys from the men " when it comes to cold weather starting !

The Toyota cost seems dopey when I paid about £75 for mine ( incl vat ) only this January ( with a trade discount I didn't even ask for at the time ) and the usual 3 year Battery guarantee with a conversation that advised me it will probably last at least 5 years whatever ......  the Mk3 Ls400 has a specific dimension holder  that the Battery has to slot into for some reason and only Toyota will do apparently

Hope the right one appears soon

Malc

I use a local 'motor factor', J E Clarke (Stroud) for general car spares

So maybe google 'midlands motor factors' see if any of them can do a good price.

My last Battery was replaced by RAC and I recall it was about £80 ish about 3 years back.  Seemed like a good price abd surprised he had one in the van when he came to sort out my starting issue.

14 hours ago, Malc said:

I know you have asked Lexus BUT have you asked Toyota ?  their price might be different for the exact same item

Malc

When I bought a Battery from Lexus Derby I was sat in the showroom with the complimentary coffee and biscuits looking out of the car park only to see the parts guy who was dealing with me walk over to the Toyota dealership on the other side and walk back.......with my Battery!