Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple of days ago I started to notice a damp smell in the boot of my RCF. I removed the styrene moulding, the padding underneath was damp. I dried out and reinstalled. Rain today and it’s wet again. No problem with the rubber plugs and boot seal is intact.  Any ideas...???

54 minutes ago, Luc 73 said:

Couple of days ago I started to notice a damp smell in the boot of my RCF. I removed the styrene moulding, the padding underneath was damp. I dried out and reinstalled. Rain today and it’s wet again. No problem with the rubber plugs and boot seal is intact.  Any ideas...???

Hello and welcome, I'm in Hampshire too whereabouts are you?

If you can, get in the back with a torch and get somebody to go around the tailgate rear lights and possibly sun roof, if you have one with a hose pipe. Work from low to high to see if you can see the water ingress! 

good luck.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 6:19 PM, Luc 73 said:

Has the car been sitting or riding?

Reason being because a couple of months ago did a long trip in Europe and raining all the time..same happened to me for the first and only time. The lining inside the trunk hatch was damp. 

I've figured the water infiltrated through the spoiler "arms"(supporting pillars). Never happened again.. so far🤞

• 6 months later...
On 5/8/2019 at 6:19 PM, Luc 73 said:

Did you manage to find the issue on yours?

Little update on mine.. It did happen again took it to the dealer and they've found there were some seals missing or worn around the spoiler arms.. fixed at no cost