Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Software release on Is300h 2019

Hi all, I have a new Is300h F sport and it's a lovely car... but the infotainment is pretty poor compared to my previous Mercedes. 

However, what is the latest version of software available and how do I get it if needed?

My phone will connect but not download messages and was hoping it might be a software thing. 

Cheers. 

13 hours ago, Gramate said:

Hi all, I have a new Is300h F sport and it's a lovely car... but the infotainment is pretty poor compared to my previous Mercedes. 

However, what is the latest version of software available and how do I get it if needed?

My phone will connect but not download messages and was hoping it might be a software thing. 

Cheers. 

Sadly Lexus really don't do progressive software updates. There was a firmware update for early cars (2014-2015) which speeded up the reaction times of the pointer - Yes originally the system was even laggier than it is now. 

Strangely our car does read out SMS messages on the phone - the one thing it does very well. However you just have to learn to live with the infotainment system, when I do drive the our IS I just end up streaming Spotify from my phone, and engage with the infotainment system directly. 

On 5/8/2019 at 10:46 PM, NemesisUK said:

Have a look here, regarding your phone compatibility

https://www.lexus-tech.eu/Bluetooth/searchdedicated.aspx?lang=en

Thanks for the info, I checked and my Htc10 is fully compatible. 

I don't have issues with the phone connecting and I can use it for calls and music, it just the SMS messaging which won't work. 

On day one when I brought the car it tried to download my messages and started and they flicked onto the screen before disapearing and then giving the message "message can't be downloaded".  It's almost like the memory was filled and now it can't be cleared. 

I've not mentioned it to the dealer, it isn't a big deal and I'm enjoying the car for the good car it is.  Only just found the Sport+ mode and loving it. 

Thanks again. 

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

On my 2016 RC it will read SMS fine but if I enable Bluetooth tethering (for live traffic updates on the nav screen) it no longer functions.

No photos of the Lexus showing on the "Benz on the Green" shots Peter....did you not go, or were barred from entry? LOL

Go on tell us what the Benz owners thought of it. 

51 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Go on tell us what the Benz owners thought of it.

Lots of compliments, seems many Merc owners also run a Lexus as their daily driver. Everyone commented on the absolute reliability of the marque.

Very telling and often mentioned, not a single MB hybrid to be seen at the show.

It was a great day with close to 100 cars attending, all shining in the sunshine. They raised a lot of money for charity.

A rose between two thorns? 

x6qIrMX.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Lots of compliments, seems many Merc owners also run a Lexus as their daily driver. Everyone commented on the absolute reliability of the marque.

Very telling and often mentioned, not a single MB hybrid to be seen at the show.

It was a great day with close to 100 cars attending, all shining in the sunshine. They raised a lot of money for charity.

A rose between two thorns? 

x6qIrMX.jpg

Ive always been a huge fan of that colour combo - bet it stole the show!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links