Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

"admittedly on very empty motorways".

Where, on Earth, were you Ed ?

All the way down to the bottom of the M5 and beyond...once past Bristol there really wasn't much traffic at all. Lovely.

• Like 1

I can tell you I regret getting the Nx300h, after a long debate between a used rx vs nx. If i have the chance to do it again,  I would have gotten an older generation rx450 with air suspension. Much better ride comfort/quieter cabin. I dun think abt performance with this type of car, its a hybrid, drive it as what it sets out to do. 

The reason I didn’t get the rx450 was only simply down to the fact that my wife couldn’t live with the looks (i am referring to the pre facelift models (<2015), which I admit, the nx has a much more palatable styling and interior. 

Another question to ask yourself is do you really need an SUV/ over like a saloon or estate. I find my gs450h just as functional as the nx, carrying a family of 4 with babies.

NX  looks  better than any RX & AVS gives a cosseting ride.

95% D-Mode & 5% Sport S returns 40 mpg and enables swift progress.

Access/Egress top class.

Tel

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 8:07 PM, Cactus said:

I can tell you I regret getting the Nx300h, after a long debate between a used rx vs nx. If i have the chance to do it again,  I would have gotten an older generation rx450 with air suspension. Much better ride comfort/quieter cabin. I dun think abt performance with this type of car, its a hybrid, drive it as what it sets out to do. 

The reason I didn’t get the rx450 was only simply down to the fact that my wife couldn’t live with the looks (i am referring to the pre facelift models (<2015), which I admit, the nx has a much more palatable styling and interior. 

Another question to ask yourself is do you really need an SUV/ over like a saloon or estate. I find my gs450h just as functional as the nx, carrying a family of 4 with babies.

My wife and I have got to that age where getting in and out of it is a key requirement when looking at a car. SUV height is great for us now. I had an IS300h for 9 months before I bought the NX and absolutely loved it, apart from getting out of it. All cars from now on will have to be high seated.

• 2 years later...

Coming from a Jaguar F-Pace with 296bhp and a muscular 516lb ft of torque, the NX 300h is very flat by comparison. The times when I would just leave traffic standing, ie when overtaking or joining a motorway, are now long gone. I simply admit defeat before attempting such a manoeuvre with the fear of looking stupid with the engine revving like a boy racers with no pace to match. I've learnt that flooring the accelerator just creates extra noise (Often overplayed by journalists - Its not that load really), but a more gradual pedal feathering creates faster forward motion. Sport mode adds a little more throttle response but is just a gimmick really if you are expecting pinned back into your seat acceleration. 

That said, with careful consideration it is possible to make headway - just not instantly. An NX will change your driving style for sure and it didn't take me long to adopt a 'whats the point in overtaking' mentality, I might gain another 30 seconds overall to my journey, big deal!. There are times however when I find myself in an unplanned situation where the lack of thrust can be a almost dangerous, thankfully very rarely though. Handling isn't bad at all, but the F Pace would easily out-corner the NX on a tight bend.

On the plus side, the NX is a much nicer place to be in than the F Pace. I feel more cosseted and the interior fit and finish is so much better in looks and build. I am just over six feet and have the driving seat set to its max rear and low settings to be comfortable. The lumbar support, in my opinion is useless, all it seems to do is push my middle/upper back forward totally missing my lower back where I think it might be more useful. Thankfully the seat is comfortable enough overall, if not a little small. Note that there is no space at all for a rear passenger behind me using these settings.  

Do I regret buying the NX? No not at all. For me it is a very refined car 95% of the time and I have learnt to accept its shortcomings and drive accordingly. Sure the NX doesn't quite have the road presence of the 'JAAAG' in my opinion but I really like the styling - and its a little easier to get down twisty single track lanes. The NX was never designed as a sports car and having done all that and countless track days etc, I now fall well and truly into the stereotypical Lexus demographic - I just want a reliable, comfortable, classy, economical and refined vehicle and the NX, for the most part delivers.   

Its a keeper for me.

(Just noticed this thread is a bit old but might be useful to some)

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Bigscreen said:

I've learnt that flooring the accelerator just creates extra noise (Often overplayed by journalists - Its not that load really), but a more gradual pedal feathering creates faster forward motion. 

It's a mistake. If you need all the possible power you have to floor accelerator not caring of noise: no risk for engine to exceed max rpm. 

2 minutes ago, Zotto said:

it's a mistake. If you ned all the possible power you have to floor accelerator not caring of noise: no risk for engine to exceed max rpm. 

To be honest, I've tried both and the near full throttle and foot to the floor full throttle makes so little difference when I need a real instant boost in speed. I actually find it safer to gracefully back off and get behind the person I'm inadvertently overtaking. Point taken though.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links