Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mirrorlink greyed out

I’ve had my NX300h 3 weeks. Just about understand the way the ‘infotainment’ works. It’s a 2015 luxury with conv pack and standard satnav. I’ve got an iphone7 that seems to work fine with it but find ‘mirrorlink’ greyed out within settings. Is that something that should work or have I just got an incompatible phone? I’m assuming at the moment it’s just not included as elsewhere in the system is a greyed out 2nd usb - haven’t found that either...

15 minutes ago, Albertbigndaft said:

I’ve had my NX300h 3 weeks. Just about understand the way the ‘infotainment’ works. It’s a 2015 luxury with conv pack and standard satnav. I’ve got an iphone7 that seems to work fine with it but find ‘mirrorlink’ greyed out within settings. Is that something that should work or have I just got an incompatible phone? I’m assuming at the moment it’s just not included as elsewhere in the system is a greyed out 2nd usb - haven’t found that either...

Mirrorlink does not work with iphones.  Just connect via Bluetooth. USB connections are inside the front  centre armrest cavity.

• Like 1

Thanks. I’ve done that ok. Using the usb for other music too. Any ideas if a different model phone would work with it? I had assumed that even an android one would still be greyed out but willing to try one. 

Question from an old wrinkley. What is MirrorLink, have I got it on my 64 plate Luxury and, are there any benefits for someone of my age or, is it purely aimed at tech savvy younger folk.

My car is exactly the same spec as Albertbigndaft's and i've got an HTC phone.

Have you searched the forum? - there are numerous entries on Mirrorlink

And have you googled Mirrorlink?

https://mirrorlink.com

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/99194/what-is-mirrorlink-guide-to-the-car-smartphone-hook-up-system

https://www.whatcar.com/advice/owning/what-is-mirrorlink/n1195

... and there are plenty other websites with info on Mirrorlink

• Like 1

...I’d rather have had car play and use that to be honest but I doubt it’d be available any time soon to be retro fitted to my year/spec car - just wondered why it was greyed out and thought I’d ask. Many thanks for the responses so far 👍🏻

Thank you for the links Daniel.  I haven't looked in my manual yet but it seems that from the Mirrorlink website that it's not available in Lexus motors, at least not in my model year.

I made some tries on my RX with mirrorlink trough audio/video input, and it works, BUT the problem is that for security reasons you can mirror your cell phone on screen only when car is not moving, inserting "D" screen get dark and you have only sound. Using Iphone is even worse, as mirroring for apple devices is only video and not audio.

The solution is to bypass video trap connecting a interface to radio-navi sytem that AFAIK is made by a russian producer 😇.