Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacing Rear Shock Absorbers 2008 GS 450h S-el

pavlos35

I need to change the rear shocks on my 2008 GS 450h S-el which has the electronic settings adjuster for Normal -Snow - Sport.

I've had a look at the top of the shocks from the boot and saw a small round electrical connector on the top of the shock absorber.

Does anyone know how the procedure for removing and reinstall this connector? Thanks   

Slight down pressure and twist, it won't take much to get them off.

Note their relative positions to the dampers in preparation for refitting.

I vaguely recall untwisting the caps anti-clockwise and refitting clockwise, follow a similar procedure yourself.

IF you feel anything bind up then try the opposite way.

When removing the dampers, take a note of the notch position in the top and refit the new ones accordingly.

I think the manual states the dampers should be in Normal mode for this procedure.

Other than the top caps, rear dampers can be changed quite easily.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

As Lee states above, but be careful when removing the actuators as there are two small metal spring clips that can be dislodged, and fall into the many voids below. They can be refitted if they do come away.

A spring compressor is not required if the job is tackled in a certain way.

John.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links