Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fans and climate control won't work after engine starts

Hello everyone.

Normally when you start the engine the fans(air vents) and climate control start together with the engine or when the ignition is on.

In my case, I need to wait around 1 minute, but not always - usually after a longer stop to a climate system starts and every time my settings (temperature, air flow direction) are reset to default. Even if I press the buttons climate system won't start, only the AUTO button is highlighted. The big display shows FANS OFF. One day I think I could see something like d55 on LCD display where the temperature is shown.

Any suggestions what it could be?  I have tried to search somewhere in settings, and even unplugged Battery for a minute - no results

GS250 2013

many thanks

This definitely sounds like a fault rather than a setting.

Do you have a volt meter - can you measure the 12v Battery voltage in the morning before starting the vehicle to see if the Battery is holding a good charge? Could be as simple as the voltage is dropping very low when the engine is being cranked which is resetting the AC system.

Worth getting a scan tool connected to read any error codes that are stored in the climate control system - that would help narrow down the issue.

I assume you don't have any warranty left on the vehicle?

Thank you for answer 🙂

I checked the Battery voltage before the engine starts and its 12.15 V at 19 °C. Charging is 13.3-13.8 V.

I have simple OBD2 wifi adapter to read error codes, but it only shows engine data and errors (no errors at all) or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Yes, the vehicle still on warranty so I need to visit a dealer.

4 hours ago, lukash said:

I have simple OBD2 wifi adapter to read error codes, but it only shows engine data and errors (no errors at all) or maybe I'm doing something wrong

Some adapters/software will only read the engine ecu, not the various body ECUs to get other fault codes. Given that it is under warranty it is probably best just to get Lexus to diagnose the issue. Let us know how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem disappeared a day or two before my visit on Lexus garage without any reason, just gone🙂 

But for my peace of mind, they checked A/C system - no faults at all.

Slightly confusing but finger crossed it would not come back again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links