Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The bodywork on my LS400 had a few knocks and i think it must have had a botched respray at some point on the near side. It's been bugging me for the last couple of years so I've just had a bare metal respray on both sides. It looks so good now, except the paintwork on the bonnet, roof and boot looks a bit lifeless in comparison! Here are a couple of photos my son took today

IMG_20190511_135852.jpg

Lexus LS400-01.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks! I'm thinking of getting the rest done, but will need to source a windscreen trim as the original looks damaged and the screen needs to come out for corrosion on the roof to be treated 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonny68 said:

Thanks! I'm thinking of getting the rest done, but will need to source a windscreen trim as the original looks damaged and the screen needs to come out for corrosion on the roof to be treated 

I've always liked those DHP wheels, and they still look good. What mileage are you at?

Looks very nice but I can’t understand why when you had the rest done you didn’t include the bonnet, roof and boot lid. Surely the additional cost would have been worth the complete job?

Thanks Steve. The bodyshop run by a mate could squeeze in only a few days of work at short notice whilst I was in between jobs, so was limited to those panels. Have to say I missed it in the second week as I had to commute 50 miles a day on my push bike! Will probably book it in for the rest when I'm away on holiday

The LS400 gold (cashmere beige metallic, I think it's called) seems to often suffer from patchy sun-fade. After thoroughly cleaning my gold one, I've noticed quite a bit of patchiness on some panels. In some lights, it looks fine, in others rather inconsistent.

@Daveyboy20 Thanks, it had the DHP fitted by the dealer, which is 17" wheels and I think lowered springs. It was a bit saggy when I bought it, I replaced the front springs with Blueprint and the rear with Kilen (I can't recall why I didn't get Blueprint), these are for the standard (not DHP) LS400

@goldtop The sprayer said that the original cashmere beige metallic had faded in the sun, the unexposed areas (like inside the door frames) was still vibrant  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @39buss I have the original Centre caps but them but they looked in poor condition in comparison to the wheels after the alloys were reconditioned. Just ordered a new set of generic caps on fleabay, will post photos soon 

Thanks @Bluesman 🙂