Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Premium Navigation System

Is anyone else having problems with their Premium Navigation System on the NX300h? I usually set the map scale to 50yds, but when I start the car the system randomly changes the scale to anything from 100yds to 0.25 miles. In addition, the system can take anything up to 2/3 minutes to put the pointer to the correct position on the road and occasionally shows the pointer anything up to 2 miles from where I am. I took delivery of the car last November and my dealer has already installed two updates without any success in remedying the problem.

Mine started wandering about recently - maybe started about 4 weeks ago - with the car’s position about a mile out.  After a couple of miles it would lock back on.  Doesn’t make any difference as to whether the car is navigating to a location or not.

• 1 month later...

I have zoom issues, no traffic jam alerts or alternative route options. I'm forever stationary on the motorway and the sat nav doesn't have a clue. It also has recently started showing past routes in thick dashed purple lines. 

It is the worst Sat Nav system I have ever experienced and its on the most expensive car I have ever owned! Bad Lexus. Disgraceful. Nobody seems to help, dealerships don't  know the system. Having to use google maps on my phone for real time traffic, absolutely pathetic from Lexus.

@Alan Clark If it's got the same premium nav as my GS, you can get traffic through the in-built system. I've found the most reliable connection is to use a USB dongle with a SIM card in it and connect to it over Wi-fi as gong via my phone kept dropping the connection.

The traffic reporting is not bad (I read that it's based on BMW's traffic service but I don't know if this is accurate), obviously not as good as Google or Waze though. It does take around 10 minutes to connect and provide traffic info so bear that in mind.

I agree it is a poor nav system overall and it tends to doggedly stick to a route even though it knows there are problems ahead. I've run it alongside Google Maps on a journey where I already knew there was a big traffic jam on the way and Google told me to go a different route well before the Lexus did. I suspect I would have had a lot more problems if I had followed the Lexus. I haven't heard of any in-built nav system that comes close to Google or Waze on a phone, so Android Auto and apple Car Play is going to be a key requirement for my next car.

The one thing I do really like on the Premium Nav is the list of motorway junctions that it shows especially as it shows which ones have services. It can make a long motorway journey seem shorter.

15 hours ago, spacenase said:

@Alan Clark If it's got the same premium nav as my GS, you can get traffic through the in-built system. I've found the most reliable connection is to use a USB dongle with a SIM card in it and connect to it over Wi-fi as gong via my phone kept dropping the connection.

The traffic reporting is not bad (I read that it's based on BMW's traffic service but I don't know if this is accurate), obviously not as good as Google or Waze though. It does take around 10 minutes to connect and provide traffic info so bear that in mind.

I agree it is a poor nav system overall and it tends to doggedly stick to a route even though it knows there are problems ahead. I've run it alongside Google Maps on a journey where I already knew there was a big traffic jam on the way and Google told me to go a different route well before the Lexus did. I suspect I would have had a lot more problems if I had followed the Lexus. I haven't heard of any in-built nav system that comes close to Google or Waze on a phone, so Android Auto and Apple Car Play is going to be a key requirement for my next car.

The one thing I do really like on the Premium Nav is the list of motorway junctions that it shows especially as it shows which ones have services. It can make a long motorway journey seem shorter.

Just received confirmation earlier this week from my dealer that Android Auto and apple Carplay will be available on all Lexus from now on as the EU licensing has been sorted out.

They are currently working to try and make this available to older cars via software update too so hopefully it'll surface

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience all in car sat navs have limitations .. even some purpose made ones such as Garmin etc. , Lexus is no worse than many others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk