Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h differences with age

Hi - looking for some buying advice please.

My wife was looking for Audi Q5 as her next car but we popped into Lexus showroom and she fell in love with the new RX450h.

I have to say it was gorgeous - but a new one, with all the extras is waaaay out of our price range.

I'm therefore trying to find a used one which "looks" as close to the current model but without the price tag :-)

I'm not familiar with Lexus brand so looked on the web. I can see the Fourth generation (AL20) was launched in 2015, but the interior of some 2016 cars I have seen still looks older than the current version. Was there a date when the interior received a facelift too?

Thanks,

Ian

On 5/13/2019 at 8:08 PM, Ian_UK said:

My wife was looking for Audi Q5 as her next car but we popped into Lexus showroom and she fell in love with the new RX450h.

I have to say it was gorgeous - but a new one, with all the extras is waaaay out of our price range.

I'm therefore trying to find a used one which "looks" as close to the current model but without the price tag 🙂

I'm not familiar with Lexus brand so looked on the web. I can see the Fourth generation (AL20) was launched in 2015, but the interior of some 2016 cars I have seen still looks older than the current version. Was there a date when the interior received a facelift too?

Thanks,

Ian

Gen4 ‘launched’ in 2015 but not generally on UK sale til 2016 so Gen3 still being sold new into 2016. The answer to your specific question is that the interior design your wife saw and appreciated is only available in the latest Gen4 RX, all previous interiors, and exteriors being quite different. So I’m afraid this is one that could cost you😂 Used prices, even outside of the dealer network, are quite tasty, still, keep looking.

oh, and the reason I know? My wife recently sat in a Mica red 2018 RX with the cream interior in a Lexus Dealer. Since then I’ve been informed that no other RX is permitted as next car😶👀 Mind you, she is right!

hth

Michael

On 5/13/2019 at 8:08 PM, Ian_UK said:

I'm therefore trying to find a used one which "looks" as close to the current model but without the price tag 🙂

Thanks,

Ian

Fourth generation RX's are 2015 yes, but the earliest models are 65 plate onwards

There have been no changes to the interior or exterior since then. 

I think that, size wise, the Q5 is closer to the Lexus NX rather than the larger RX. Have you taken a look at the NX300h?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, 1st post as a now, new owner.

Mid May, I drove past Lexus Croydon, and saw a Sonic Titanium RX450h in the sun, popped in and came away with one, a 2016 / 09  Luxury edition, 14k miles, cream/brown interior, Pan Roof, What a car,  Am presently in Switzerland, having driven about 2k miles across Europe, I have only ever owned Mercs,  and I can say, so far Lexus really beat them hands down. Supremely comfortable and spacious, fully loaded, cruises along and for a v6 not bad mileage either.

And everywhere I have been since I bought it, it never fails to turn heads and receive comments. Buy one, you will not be disappointed.

Only problem I have, is my clients now think I am charging them too much !!

• Like 1

Yes there’s a few people finally starting to take delivery of their Tesla 3’s now.I’m still yet to see one out and about and I do keep looking.

Good luck with your new wheels and I hope it exceeds your expectations.