Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That one piece of advice.......

OK, 10 days till my car arrives - May 24th - to say im uber excited is an understatement - now ive read just about every single article many times on this and other forums and its all good stuff, ive downloaded the manual and read that but what i would like to hear from owners is this - what is the one piece of advice or tip that you have come across from experience that may not be fully explained in the manual - you know, something you learn that you wish you had known sooner to max out your enjoyment?

thanks in advance.

Press the EV button within 5sec of Hybrid system ready if you want to stop the cold engine firing up (must be pressed before engine fires-up). Useful for quiet early morning getaways.

Get the dealership to programme global window/sunroof opening on long key-fob open press. Great for ventilating the car on hot summer days. 

55 minutes ago, ac1962 said:

OK, 10 days till my car arrives - May 24th - to say im uber excited is an understatement - now ive read just about every single article many times on this and other forums and its all good stuff, ive downloaded the manual and read that but what i would like to hear from owners is this - what is the one piece of advice or tip that you have come across from experience that may not be fully explained in the manual - you know, something you learn that you wish you had known sooner to max out your enjoyment?

thanks in advance.

Don't worry about anything you have read in the motoring press... it's all based on very little time with the car. Simply enjoy the car and don't get too concerned with anything at the outset. Every journey I make in mine is always a pleasure and that is a feeling I had started to lose in previous cars. Getting best mpg from the hybrid comes with some time behind the wheel - after the first few weeks of trying everything out, depending on your mileage, maybe a couple of months. It isn't a point and squirt sports car but is extremely capable in today's traffic in both urban environments and as a very refined long distance touring car. Max mpg comes from Eco mode and anticipation - that's not driving slowly but easing off a bit earlier than you might have in the past and light use of brakes to get max regen. Below ~45mph lift off the throttle and it will likely go into EV mode then just lightly apply the throttle again to maintain speed and it will run in EV mode for a surprisingly long time. It's something that comes naturally after a while. If  you need some power (fast A roads and overtaking) put it in Sports mode and for more control move the gear selector to S if the mood take you and the car will make rapid but smooth progress (manual gear selection only really works with the feel of a 6 speed box with the gear selector in S otherwise in D the manual control acts as more of a gear hold like for long descents rather than actually using it for sequential steps - this is not well explained anywhere and what trips up many people). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll add my own now,,,,I wish I'd known that Lexus couldn't meet delivery date and would be dire at keeping me updated....ordered Jan 17th for may 24th delivery.... not here yet....I have had to keep chasing for updates which have been vague to say the least....

42 minutes ago, ac1962 said:

I'll add my own now,,,,I wish I'd known that Lexus couldn't meet delivery date and would be dire at keeping me updated....ordered Jan 17th for may 24th delivery.... not here yet....I have had to keep chasing for updates which have been vague to say the least....

Perhaps just your dealership? 

Mine has been exemplary, phoning or emailing once a week to keep me updated on the progress of my RC300h order.

Clean the door seals, or add an anti creak tape on the inner seal to stop an annoying rattle that sounds like it is coming from the belt adjuster.

Ground clearance is poor, avoid bad roads!

• Like 1

UPDATE.......WITH A BIT OF LUCK I GET THE CAR THURSDAY 30TH MAY.................IF AND ONLY IF THE DEALER INFO IS RIGHT ......

• Like 1

Hi Andrew,

you should not have any problems with the car, treat it with care and it will go on forever, " almost," it is owning a "Vorwerk," just keeps going.

Sit back and enjoy your new home, good luck.

Best wishes,

Michael.