Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 won’t start

Hello, I have a 2002 Lexus IS200 se  car was parked up for a few months over the winter started it last week and the car ran fine no problems at all but when I went to start it yesterday the car just won’t start keeps turning over but won’t start. I have replaced the fuel pump and have power coming to the pump but it still won’t start any ideas what could be wrong?   Any help much appreciated thanks👍

Did you put fresh fuel in before starting it last time, if not its probably sucked some crap into the injectors/throttle body, chuck some injector cleaner in it and turn it over then let it stand overnight before trying to start it again.

Modern fuel is garbage when left standing, the 10-15% ethanol added to our petrol these days attracts moisture which turns into a globular substance which resembles 'cum', it blocks throttle bodies and carbs when left standing for months, I see it all of the time on motorcycles which aren't regularly run over the Winter period, I suggest this has happened in your car. Injector cleaner dissolves the substance on contact, hopefully it sorts out your problem.