Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Video in Motion

Had the RX for a week now and really enjoying the drive, but got stuck in traffic on the M25 and was wondering if there is a way of getting video in motion working without the plug in boxes that meaning taking the dash apart.  It was a fairly simple change in the Audi, and was hoping there may be a simple fix again.   

Feedback so far would be about 39mpg with a mixture of motorway and town driving, much happier sitting up higher in traffic, turning circle seems larger than the Audi A7, brakes need a firmer foot but i guess thats the weight of the thing, easier to park, traffic updates not as good as Waze but it does try and divert sat nav, iPod connection via USB really good, 

Peter's right about the video. Even dash cameras have to blank the screen so that they don't distract the driver.

1 hour ago, PGLex said:

brakes need a firmer foot 

You're probably not driving it correctly then.

Driving hybrids is all about anticipation so that you get the most out of the regenerative braking. The 'normal' hydraulic brakes aren't really used very often and brake pads last much longer because of it.

• Like 2

Thanks Herbie, Only had her for a week and enjoying the hybrid approach. 

i appreciate that its all about anticipation, and get used to it. A much more relaxed drive than the German cars i have been used to to a while. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, PGLex said:

Thanks Herbie, Only had her for a week and enjoying the hybrid approach. 

i appreciate that its all about anticipation, and get used to it. A much more relaxed drive than the German cars i have been used to to a while. 

That's how I see it as well, my parents have a slightly newer Audi Q5, and while it's a lovely drive for sure, two things come to mind; 1) The Lexus is much more quiet, and that's not due to the Audi being loud by any stretch of the imagination, the Lexus is just super quiet, even when using the petrol engine. 2) The Lexus is quite a bit more comfortable imho, the seats are particularly great. The suspension isn't quite as firm as the Q5, but it certainly doesn't come across as flimsy, just a slightly more comfortable ride overall.

Might wanna add that I've got a RX 400h, so I reckon it's even better in your RX 450h 🙂