Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apple Car Play

10 hours ago, mrfunex said:

No update for the GS... ah well. 

I'm not sure about the nav system in the GS but I believe the CarPlay update will only be available for the 2017(?) and onwards widescreen system.

22 hours ago, Stuart-S said:

I'm not sure about the nav system in the GS but I believe the CarPlay update will only be available for the 2017(?) and onwards widescreen system.

Thanks! I shall wait, but I won’t hold my breath! 

On 9/24/2020 at 12:42 AM, mrfunex said:

No update for the GS... ah well. 

The GS has the archaic system sadly - the LC was the first car to introduce the new style system with updated interface. As above, anything introduced pre-LC won't get it.

• 1 month later...

So I'm beginning to think this isn't happening anymore. Centres have started to receive the updates according to LEXUSUK on their blog. I asked whether the LC was included in this round only to be told:

We do not currently have any information relating to an Apple CarPlay retrofit for the LC.

which seems to be a backtrack on "later in the year" which was their previous line after confirming the LC would be getting it. I pressed them on this and the comment has fallen foul of moderation so I suspect it's a no go and they are trying to keep it quiet. Crazy situation where a Toyota Aygo has full CarPlay support and yet the two very top models that Lexus make, the LC and LS, are both out in the cold and left to look inadequate against competitor offerings.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is simply not good enough. Diabolical customer service from Lexus to just ignore their two most expensive cars because there's hardly any out there.

No wonder LC sales have been woeful and there's currently ONE LS for sale on Auto Trader.

EDIT: I see your posts on the blog Stuart. They still have the following reply to a comment further down.

"

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your comment.
Whilst we cannot be more specific at this time, we can confirm that the apple CarPlay retrofit for the LC 500 will be available at a later date.
You can sign up to our newsletter for the latest updates, here: https://www.lexus.co.uk/forms/newsletter

Thanks."

I have replied to this comment but my reply has yet to be published on the blog.

21 hours ago, Rydo said:

EDIT: I see your posts on the blog Stuart. They still have the following reply to a comment further down.

Ah I'd forgotten about this, they've since responded to me apologising for the misleading wording of their previous post. Still no news officially however.

• 1 month later...

So they’ve finally confirmed on the UK blog that this is not coming to existing LCs and LSs outside of the US.

Pathetic really and the handling of this plus their obsession with SUVs has put me right off Lexus now to be honest. 

I could not find the best data, but for example. In the first half of 2020 Lexus sold 1475 units of LS in US and Canada compared to 61 in Europe.

LC and LS owners in Europe are too insignificant for Lexus - or we do not make enough noise.

(2018 LS500h owner)

2 hours ago, LexusPrince said:

That’s bloody ridiculous!! 😡
What makes USA so special they receive the update and not UK. 

Yes, you could say its bloody ridiculous...!! 

I have no problem with the USA Lexus owners being spoilt...! The LC 500 Sport+ is a great car...!

I am looking forward to the LC 500 convertible, due in March, that I have ordered from Edinburgh...

I presume they are your local dealer...? I live in Cornwall and have bought several BMW's, and a couple of Merc's from Edinburgh... They have been good to deal with...

I think if Stuart changes his LC 500 Sport+, he will regret

it...!

57 minutes ago, LexusPrince said:

The convertible is nice but sadly we don’t have the weather for it in Edinburgh.   🤣🤣

-6C, and he's enjoying driving it...!! The video definitely looks like it was exactly as it happened...?  The Concierge was obviously working well...! I think our LC 500's wont be driven much for a while. Hopefully the vaccine will get us all back to normality in a couple of months time...

Gerry... Where did you buy your LC 500 Sport+ from...?  

2 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

-6C, and he's enjoying driving it...!! The video definitely looks like it was exactly as it happened...?  The Concierge was obviously working well...! I think our LC 500's wont be driven much for a while. Hopefully the vaccine will get us all back to normality in a couple of months time...

Gerry... Where did you buy your LC 500 Sport+ from...?  

Lexus Edinburgh 

21 hours ago, LexusPrince said:

Lexus Edinburgh 

I have bought cars from several locations, including a McLaren from Glasgow, and a Bentayga from Belfast.

Buying cars from Eastern Western has been different from many of the other car dealers. Because they have been family owned since 1927, the guys I have dealt with, from their BMW and Mercedes dealerships, have been very pleasant. In recent years I have bought a couple of Mercedes, and five BMW's... 

Sean, the Lexus guy at Edinburgh has also been good to deal with. I presume that your dealings with Edinburgh have been ok...?

My nearest Lexus dealer is in Exeter. I decided to place my order with Edinburgh, because of my experiences dealing with Eastern Western.

Is your LC 500 Sports +, your first Lexus...?

20 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

I have bought cars from several locations, including a McLaren from Glasgow, and a Bentayga from Belfast.

Buying cars from Eastern Western has been different from many of the other car dealers. Because they have been family owned since 1927, the guys I have dealt with, from their BMW and Mercedes dealerships, have been very pleasant. In recent years I have bought a couple of Mercedes, and five BMW's... 

Sean, the Lexus guy at Edinburgh has also been good to deal with. I presume that your dealings with Edinburgh have been ok...?

My nearest Lexus dealer is in Exeter. I decided to place my order with Edinburgh, because of my experiences dealing with Eastern Western.

Is your LC 500 Sports +, your first Lexus...?

My 7th car from Lexus Edinburgh. The guys at Lexus Edinburgh are great.

15 hours ago, LexusPrince said:

My 7th car from Lexus Edinburgh. The guys at Lexus Edinburgh are great.

Hello Gerry, 7 Lexus’s from Edinburgh…! And good to hear your comment about the guys are great…!

Sorry this post is so long, but being in Lockdown, we both probably have more time to look at the Lexus Forum…?

I joined the Forum in Sept 2020 because I didn’t know wether to buy the LC 500, with the V8, or the LC 500h.

With some help from the Forum members, I bought the V8…!

I see you joined the Forum in Sept 2019, and your first post was in June 2020.

I, and probably others, that read this Topic, would be interested in what Lexus’s you have owned…?

Please can you list the models…?

If you haven’t read the 4 Topics below, perhaps you can find some time to read them…

One gives my experience of having the apple CarPlay update installed… that didn’t work…!

One is where I bought my LC 500 Sport + from…

If you have 21 inch wheels, there is also one worth reading…

One is for mentioning Eastern Western in a post…

LC 500 or LC500h…?

New owner – First thoughts and fault

Wheel repair

Anticipated Lexus Dealer

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Hope you are keeping well.

Yes,this lockdown does mean regular visits to the forum to see whats happening.So frustrating as I would normally be using my LC at least 4 times per week,often to just go for a drive.At best,it will go to the shops just to keep it charged etc.

I study the dealer sites for sales and last summer saw a good turnover of these cars following a pretty stagnant period.Some of the new owners,like yourself,came onto the forum and its good to exchange experiences.

For my part,this is the nicest car I have owned out of all my Porsche,BMW and Jag etc and usually gets high praise from strangers.

This latest lockdown has come just as we were ramping up negotiations with dealers to replace my wifes BMW. Not sure how the Click and Collect will work if we conclude on a satisfactory deal.We have considered a Lexus hybrid UX but I am not sure the fuel economy is sufficiently better than our 6 cylinder BM to justify the loss of driving dynamics.At present we are talking to dealers about the latest M135i but there is very little physical stock about which limits the type of deals I like to do!

Stay safe,

AJ.

2 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Hello Gerry, 7 Lexus’s from Edinburgh…! And good to hear your comment about the guys are great…!

Sorry this post is so long, but being in Lockdown, we both probably have more time to look at the Lexus Forum…?

I joined the Forum in Sept 2020 because I didn’t know wether to buy the LC 500, with the V8, or the LC 500h.

With some help from the Forum members, I bought the V8…!

I see you joined the Forum in Sept 2019, and your first post was in June 2020.

I, and probably others, that read this Topic, would be interested in what Lexus’s you have owned…?

Please can you list the models…?

If you haven’t read the 4 Topics below, perhaps you can find some time to read them…

One gives my experience of having the Apple CarPlay update installed… that didn’t work…!

One is where I bought my LC 500 Sport + from…

If you have 21 inch wheels, there is also one worth reading…

One is for mentioning Eastern Western in a post…

LC 500 or LC500h…?

New owner – First thoughts and fault

Wheel repair

Anticipated Lexus Dealer

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin

My list:

Lexus LC 500 Sports Pack Plus

Lexus RC 300h F Sport Black Limited Edition 

Lexus RC 300h F Sport

Lexus RX 450h SE-I Advance 

Lexus RX 450h SE-I Panoramic 

Lexus RX 450h SE-I

Lexus RX 400h SE

Lexus RX 300 SE

😊

2 hours ago, AJ500 said:

Hi Kevin,

Hope you are keeping well.

Yes,this lockdown does mean regular visits to the forum to see whats happening.So frustrating as I would normally be using my LC at least 4 times per week,often to just go for a drive.At best,it will go to the shops just to keep it charged etc.

I study the dealer sites for sales and last summer saw a good turnover of these cars following a pretty stagnant period.Some of the new owners,like yourself,came onto the forum and its good to exchange experiences.

For my part,this is the nicest car I have owned out of all my Porsche,BMW and Jag etc and usually gets high praise from strangers.

This latest lockdown has come just as we were ramping up negotiations with dealers to replace my wifes BMW. Not sure how the Click and Collect will work if we conclude on a satisfactory deal.We have considered a Lexus hybrid UX but I am not sure the fuel economy is sufficiently better than our 6 cylinder BM to justify the loss of driving dynamics.At present we are talking to dealers about the latest M135i but there is very little physical stock about which limits the type of deals I like to do!

Stay safe,

AJ.

Hi AJ,

Hope you and your family, and friends, are all keeping safe and well.

Yes, a couple of times a week out in the LC, will be good... Yes, the Forum will probably get more visits during Lockdown. It's good to be communicating with another LC owner that knows the Edinburgh dealer well...!

I will need to google the cars on Gerry's list, to find out all about them...!

I think Covid will delay my convertible arriving from Japan... But I don't mind if its late... Sorting Covid is far more important...

The BMW M135i looks good in the reviews... I agree with driving dynamics...! I changed my Taycan 4S for the lovely V8...!

I agree, the LC 500 is a nicer car, than many of the cars that I have owned, despite it not having apple CarPlay...!

Stay safe...

Kevin

4 hours ago, LexusPrince said:

Hi Kevin

My list:

Lexus LC 500 Sports Pack Plus

Lexus RC 300h F Sport Black Limited Edition 

Lexus RC 300h F Sport

Lexus RX 450h SE-I Advance 

Lexus RX 450h SE-I Panoramic 

Lexus RX 450h SE-I

Lexus RX 400h SE

Lexus RX 300 SE

😊

Thanks Gerry, silly question, but the LC is the best of the seven that you have owned...?

Cheers

Kevin

20 hours ago, LexusPrince said:

By far the best! Is my dream car! 😍

Hello Gerry, there are several LC 500 owners, that on this forum, have mentioned how nice their cars are. Your 8 words are brilliant...! I have been successful in business, and have had several cars... I also think the LC 500 Sport+ is a dream car...! My favourite convertible has been the R8 V10 Spyder, of which I have had three... I think the LC 500 Convertible will hopefully be better...!

Cheers Kevin

1st R8.JPG

2nd R8....jpeg

3rd R8.jpg

49 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Hello Gerry, there are several LC 500 owners, that on this forum, have mentioned how nice their cars are. Your 8 words are brilliant...! I have been successful in business, and have had several cars... I also think the LC 500 Sport+ is a dream car...! My favourite convertible has been the R8 V10 Spyder, of which I have had three... I think the LC 500 Convertible will hopefully be better...!

Cheers Kevin

1st R8.JPG

2nd R8....jpeg

3rd R8.jpg

Wow! You had some nice cars!  My first dream car was the Audi R8 v10 plus. 😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links