Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Stuart-S said:

How do you rate the NSX Kevin? It may be next on my list. 

Hello Stuart, I hope you and your family, and friends, are all safe and well.

The NSX was probably one of the best cars I have owned. I sold it a few months after buying it because my wife, who has MS, was struggling to get in and out of it, because the seat was so low down... I have in recent years owned cars that were/are easier for my wife to get in and out of...

The NSX is very quick to 60. Quicker and nicer to drive, than my 2 i8's, and my R8's, and also my SLS. The Nissan GTR, was probably as quick, but the ride was too hard...

I downloaded the NSX Owner's Manual to read all about it's driving modes etc, before I bought it... It's an incredible car that shouldn't depreciate as much as it does...!!! Looking on Autotrader there are some good deals...

If my wife was able to get in and out of an NSX, I would still have one in my garage... and she would also drive it...

My wife had seven Honda's before she was medically stopped from driving. I have a new Honda e, with her BO55 plate on...!

If you have problems downloading the Owners Manual, perhaps you could PM me your email, and I could send you mine...

Stay safe... Cheers Kevin

i8 Roadster.jpg

i8_3.JPG

PA250035.JPG

SLS.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah so perhaps android auto and carplay are not too far away. They might be brought out as a 2020 MY update 

Thanks @Zotto, however: 1. That website is Australian based - totally different market. 2. There are already known upgrade programmes outside of the UK, the issue has always been that Lexus

Thank you for posting the link. The latest answer (16. sept) from Lexus UK includes also LS: "The retrofit date for apple CarPlay and Android Auto is model dependent. UX, ES and NX retrofits

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Hello Stuart, I hope you and your family, and friends, are all safe and well.

The NSX was probably one of the best cars I have owned. I sold it a few months after buying it because my wife, who has MS, was struggling to get in and out of it, because the seat was so low down... I have in recent years owned cars that were/are easier for my wife to get in and out of...

The NSX is very quick to 60. Quicker and nicer to drive, than my 2 i8's, and my R8's, and also my SLS. The Nissan GTR, was probably as quick, but the ride was too hard...

I downloaded the NSX Owner's Manual to read all about it's driving modes etc, before I bought it... It's an incredible car that shouldn't depreciate as much as it does...!!! Looking on Autotrader there are some good deals...

If my wife was able to get in and out of an NSX, I would still have one in my garage... and she would also drive it...

My wife had seven Honda's before she was medically stopped from driving. I have a new Honda e, with her BO55 plate on...!

If you have problems downloading the Owners Manual, perhaps you could PM me your email, and I could send you mine...

Stay safe... Cheers Kevin

i8 Roadster.jpg

i8_3.JPG

PA250035.JPG

SLS.jpg

Lovely collection of cars.  Wasn’t that the Hughes that was destroyed in a crash in 2011?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Habu said:

Lovely collection of cars.  Wasn’t that the Hughes that was destroyed in a crash in 2011?

Yes Peter... are you a helicopter pilot...? How do you know about my accident...? It was on Father's day in 2011...

I always had an interest in flying helicopters, and friends would say why don't you get a licence to fly them... When my partners and I, sold our quarrying, two tarmac plants, and waste disposal business in 2002. Knowing that I could afford my own helicopter. I learnt to fly them, and passed all the exams etc. When I qualified, I bought the Hughes 500E, and flew it from my home adjacent to St Mellion Golf Club. I was coming up to 970 hours of flying, when my tail rotor broke up over Glastonbury... If I would have known tail rotors might break up, I wouldn't have qualified to fly them... But you cant turn the clock back...

I flew from my home for nearly six years. Golfers didn't like me firing the turbine up, landing and taking off...!

My email has changed from the one on the attachment. If you want to email me perhaps send me yours by PM...?

I am lucky to still be driving, and enjoying my cars...!

Stay safe Cheers Kevin

1959298426_RotorTorqueSummer2012_2copy.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Yes Peter... are you a helicopter pilot...? How do you know about my accident...? It was on Father's day in 2011...

Hi Kevin.  No, I don’t fly helicopters but have spent many hours in them in both military and civilian capacities.  As an avid aviation enthusiast I often read reports from the AAIB particularly if something was newsworthy.  Glad you were able to recover from the crash.  It must have been horrible.
Firing up turbines and APU’s is always annoying to many people.🙂.  I personally love it.  I remember a few years ago I was sat in Airbus’ A400M at RIAT.  We were parked on the south (public) side and as we weren’t able to get a gen set pulled across the field so the pilot was left with no option but to fire up the APU however the local council had outlawed such noisy behaviour!!!  South side of the base comes under the local council and that year they were being awkward.  No noisy activity and no US servicemen’s BBQ’s (they were always the best) as the meat was untraceable.  The Airbus pilot, however, fired the APU next time an F-16 flew passed on reheat.  It’s why most display aircraft are parked on north side as that side of the base comes under US control and noise isn’t such a problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Habu said:
4 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Yes Peter... are you a helicopter pilot...? How do you know about my accident...? It was on Father's day in 2011...

Hi Kevin.  No, I don’t fly helicopters but have spent many hours in them in both military and civilian capacities.  As an avid aviation enthusiast I often read reports from the AAIB particularly if something was newsworthy.  Glad you were able to recover from the crash.  It must have been horrible.
Firing up turbines and APU’s is always annoying to many people.🙂.  I personally love it.  I remember a few years ago I was sat in Airbus’ A400M at RIAT.  We were parked on the south (public) side and as we weren’t able to get a gen set pulled across the field so the pilot was left with no option but to fire up the APU however the local council had outlawed such noisy behaviour!!!  South side of the base comes under the local council and that year they were being awkward.  No noisy activity and no US servicemen’s BBQ’s (they were always the best) as the meat was untraceable.  The Airbus pilot, however, fired the APU next time an F-16 flew passed on reheat.  It’s why most display aircraft are parked on north side as that side of the base comes under US control and noise isn’t such a problem.

Expand  

Hello Peter, thanks for your interesting reply... Which airfield are you referring to...?

What model RX have you currently got, and how many Lexus's have you owned...?

Regarding noisy helicopters... Bearing in mind I was living next to St Mellion Golf Club. I thought if I bought an MD 520N, flying from my home would be a lot quieter. We both know that tail rotors make a lot of the helicopter's noise... So I flew to Rio de Janeiro with a helicopter engineer to hopefully buy one... My helicopter engineer found too many things that needed sorting on it... So I didn't buy it...

I think the AAIB report of the accident that the owner of Leicester City FC had, also mentioned a tail rotor problem...

Stay safe Cheers Kevin

PA060002.JPG

PA060004.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Yes Peter... are you a helicopter pilot...? How do you know about my accident...? It was on Father's day in 2011...

Hi Kevin.  No, I don’t fly helicopters but have spent many hours in them in both military and civilian capacities.  As an avid aviation enthusiast I often read reports from the AAIB particularly if something was newsworthy.  Glad you were able to recover from the crash.  It must have been horrible.
Firing up turbines and APU’s is always annoying to many people.🙂.  I personally love it.  I remember a few years ago I was sat in Airbus’ A400M at RIAT.  We were parked on the south (public) side and as we weren’t able to get a gen set pulled across the field so the pilot was left with no option but to fire up the APU however the local council had outlawed such noisy behaviour!!!  South side of the base comes under the local council and that year they were being awkward.  No noisy activity and no US servicemen’s BBQ’s (they were always the best) as the meat was untraceable.  The Airbus pilot, however, fired the APU next time an F-16 flew passed on reheat.  It’s why most display aircraft are parked on north side as that side of the base comes under US control and noise isn’t such a problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kevin.  We had the noise complaints whilst at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire for the annual RIAT air tattoo.

I’m on my sixth Lexus now and bought a new RX Takumi in November from Lexus Teesside. 
Not sure if I’ll go fully electric next time.  My wife’s boss has just bought a Tesla Model 3 for his wife so I’ll be getting updates on that over the next 12 months in terms of build quality and reliability and a mate is getting his Mustang Mach E this month so I’ll be watching that too.

Take care.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Habu said:

Hi Kevin.  We had the noise complaints whilst at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire for the annual RIAT air tattoo.

I’m on my sixth Lexus now and bought a new RX Takumi in November from Lexus Teesside. 
Not sure if I’ll go fully electric next time.  My wife’s boss has just bought a Tesla Model 3 for his wife so I’ll be getting updates on that over the next 12 months in terms of build quality and reliability and a mate is getting his Mustang Mach E this month so I’ll be watching that too.

Take care.

Hello Peter, I hope you and your family, and friends, are all safe and well.

I asked regarding which airfield, because for a few years, I was a Supervisor/Site Agent for the original Amey, and I was involved in resurfacing works to several airfields. I was at Fairford in 1975. When we had finished the runway, many days, while we were working on the taxiways, Concordes landed, and took off again. I think pilots were being trained… It was very noisy, you would have loved it…!

I was involved with resurfacing works at Greenham Common in 1977. I wont forget the year because my son was born that year. I had to drive to Didcot, quickly!, in a Morris Marina 1.3…!

In 2002, my wife and I flew Concorde to New York. I remember they had to leave Lands End, before the pilot could speed up from Mach 1 to Mach 2… I also remember when we were living at Camberley, we occasionally heard the sonic boom…!

If you go fully electric next time, test drive the I Pace First Edition… I have had the Tesla Model 3 Standard Range and the Long Range… I wonder what comments you get from your wife’s boss, but I wouldn’t buy another one… If I wanted another electric car bigger than the Honda e that I currently have, I would buy my 3rd Used I Pace First Edition. It has all the options, including the air suspension which is very good…

Stay safe Cheers Kevin

1618419845_TeslaLongRange_3.png

1278738104_2ndIPace2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 11:22 AM, AJ500 said:

Hi Kevin,

Hope you are keeping well.

Yes,this lockdown does mean regular visits to the forum to see whats happening.So frustrating as I would normally be using my LC at least 4 times per week,often to just go for a drive.At best,it will go to the shops just to keep it charged etc.

I study the dealer sites for sales and last summer saw a good turnover of these cars following a pretty stagnant period.Some of the new owners,like yourself,came onto the forum and its good to exchange experiences.

For my part,this is the nicest car I have owned out of all my Porsche,BMW and Jag etc and usually gets high praise from strangers.

This latest lockdown has come just as we were ramping up negotiations with dealers to replace my wifes BMW. Not sure how the Click and Collect will work if we conclude on a satisfactory deal.We have considered a Lexus hybrid UX but I am not sure the fuel economy is sufficiently better than our 6 cylinder BM to justify the loss of driving dynamics.At present we are talking to dealers about the latest M135i but there is very little physical stock about which limits the type of deals I like to do!

Stay safe,

AJ.

Hello AJ,

I hope you and your family, and friends, are all safe and well. Let's all hope that we can all get the vaccine soon...

I have been reading that Japan has serious issues with the virus, like many other countries... I was surprised today, to receive an email, and my Lexus Link app, showed that the build is in progress, regarding my convertible...

I presume you have read my posts with Gerry, who has bought seven Lexus's from Edinburgh, and says they are great to deal with...!

Hope you have found a well priced car to replace your wife's BMW...

Stay safe

Kevin

IMG_2297.PNG

IMG_2298.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 11:05 PM, Stuart-S said:

How do you rate the NSX Kevin? It may be next on my list. 

I hope you and your family are all safe and well.

I forgot to mention in my message, that my NSX was probably also better than my SL63AMG's, my SL55AMG, and my SLK 55 AMG's...

Top Gear's review said the dash was like a Civic... The inside isn't anywhere near as good as any Lexus, but the NSX was a great car...

I have lost count how many 911's I have had, but they were all great cars...

Cheers

Kevin

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 2:31 PM, Stuart-S said:

So they’ve finally confirmed on the UK blog that this is not coming to existing LCs and LSs outside of the US.

Pathetic really and the handling of this plus their obsession with SUVs has put me right off Lexus now to be honest. 

Just seeing that now. Pathetic from Lexus, but what can you do? They looked at how many customers it affected and thought meh who cares.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rydo said:

Just seeing that now. Pathetic from Lexus, but what can you do? They looked at how many customers it affected and thought meh who cares.

Yeah, totally gutted. Have you seen the LC inspiration series, they are making only 100 units..looks nice! 

https://pressroom.lexus.com/2021-lexus-lc-500-inspiration-series-performance-luxury-takes-flight/?fbclid=IwAR3EkDUcKHqvbuMFSGUGngnb4b9gxM74Xy604ZfaRBFnzZpgF3oKZ0ACcv4

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only real hope now is that the revised infotainment unit that UK cars are getting can be purchased through parts department - at astronomical cost - and swapped into older vehicles.

That or a nice. third party solution like the BeatSonic CarPlay unit, which isn't 100% confirmed to work on UK cars but works with the equivalent year group navigation system in the US.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 2:40 PM, Rydo said:

Just seeing that now. Pathetic from Lexus, but what can you do? They looked at how many customers it affected and thought meh who cares.

Ryan, 

Can you please answer the question that John (royoftherovers) asked, twice, on Dec 15th, on page 3 of the following Topic…

New owner – First thoughts and fault.

Can you please also mention if your current car has apple Car Play…

Please be honest…

I am familiar with apple Products. I use an iMac Pro, a Macbook Pro laptop, an iPad and an Iphone.

You will read in this topic some of the cars that I have had.

The cars mentioned, are less than 50% of the cars I have owned in the last 15 years.

I appreciate that having/using apple Car Play is a personal choice, but I have never used it, even in the cars that I could, that have had it installed… 

PS I have spent some time looking at the Forum, and I think you are the only Forum member that doesn’t show, that they own a Lexus, have ever owned a Lexus, or what Lexus they are hoping/intending to buy…

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished another call with my dealer regarding CarPlay. They recommended to call/send e-mail/letter directly to the importer (Toyota (GB) PLC in UK). The dealers themselves have very little power to put pressure on Toyota/Lexus Europe (Toyota Motor Europe) to get the ball rolling regarding the development.

I have sent an e-mail to Toyota Baltic (importer in my region) regarding that.

If we put enough pressure on the importers, then they might make it more of a priority.

I encourage everyone that wish to have it on their LC/LS to send a polite reminder that the retrofit is highly anticipated - the number of requests matters!

People outside of the UK should contact your local importer (your local dealer can provide the required contacts).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KolePaha said:

Just finished another call with my dealer regarding CarPlay. They recommended to call/send e-mail/letter directly to the importer (Toyota (GB) PLC in UK). The dealers themselves have very little power to put pressure on Toyota/Lexus Europe (Toyota Motor Europe) to get the ball rolling regarding the development.

I have sent an e-mail to Toyota Baltic (importer in my region) regarding that.

If we put enough pressure on the importers, then they might make it more of a priority.

I encourage everyone that wish to have it on their LC/LS to send a polite reminder that the retrofit is highly anticipated - the number of requests matters!

People outside of the UK should contact your local importer (your local dealer can provide the required contacts).

 

 

Sign the petition - change.org 'Develop CarPlay Retrofits to Lexus LS and LC'

 

@Kevin Williams I am in the market for a used LC, hence my passion for this subject. The contemptuous tone taken towards me on that thread didn't warrant a reply from me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 11:22 AM, AJ500 said:

Hi Kevin,

Hope you are keeping well.

Yes,this lockdown does mean regular visits to the forum to see whats happening.So frustrating as I would normally be using my LC at least 4 times per week,often to just go for a drive.At best,it will go to the shops just to keep it charged etc.

I study the dealer sites for sales and last summer saw a good turnover of these cars following a pretty stagnant period.Some of the new owners,like yourself,came onto the forum and its good to exchange experiences.

For my part,this is the nicest car I have owned out of all my Porsche,BMW and Jag etc and usually gets high praise from strangers.

This latest lockdown has come just as we were ramping up negotiations with dealers to replace my wifes BMW. Not sure how the Click and Collect will work if we conclude on a satisfactory deal.We have considered a Lexus hybrid UX but I am not sure the fuel economy is sufficiently better than our 6 cylinder BM to justify the loss of driving dynamics.At present we are talking to dealers about the latest M135i but there is very little physical stock about which limits the type of deals I like to do!

Stay safe,

AJ.

Hello AJ, I hope you and your family and friends are all safe and well. I haven't heard from Stuart, regarding how I rate the NSX, I hope he is safe and well.

I have been watching you tube reviews of the NSX, and I am very tempted to buy another one to put in one of my garages. I bought mine new from Honda Chiswick, and I see that I can now buy one for about half the price...!

Have you ever been in an NSX, or do you know anyone that has had one...? I thought it was better than the McLaren that they took back...

Stuart's question to me regarding the NSX, has certainly made me want another one... Honda Chiswick fitted a plug for me to easily connect the CTEK trickle charger...

Stay safe

Kevin 

IMG_1480.jpg

159654533_NSX540C.png

NSX Charging Plug.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • 91 Servicing Poll

    1. 1. How do you service your Lexus?


      • Main Dealer
      • Local Independent Garage
      • Do It Yourself




×
×
  • Create New...