Hi all, it appears that over on the american forums, people are saying there is a software update for $199 which updates the LC (and other 2017+ Lexus model) infotainment software to enable apple Car Play.  

Apparently officially released in May 2019. 

Anyone had this update in the UK?

The vehicles in the US have different systems so an update won't work on European models.

39 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The vehicles in the US have different systems so an update won't work on European models.

Is it still a Lexus system?  If so, can we hope to eventually get the same.  If not, any technical reason why not?

Toyota/Lexus typically use three manufacturers for their audio and infotainment systems. The US systems have satellite radio, emergency assist, vehicle location tracking, remote vehicle information and service alerts, remote engine start/door unlocking etc. and are therefore quite different even if the same manufacturer is used.

The European systems would need different software development to gain CayPlay or AA - I suspect the current systems are capable of offering such functionality - whether Toyota will commission it is another thing.

19 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Toyota/Lexus typically use three manufacturers for their audio and infotainment systems. The US systems have satellite radio, emergency assist, vehicle location tracking, remote vehicle information and service alerts, remote engine start/door unlocking etc. and are therefore quite different even if the same manufacturer is used.

The European systems would need different software development to gain CayPlay or AA - I suspect the current systems are capable of offering such functionality - whether Toyota will commission it is another thing.

Thanks Colin,  I feel quite short changed about the lack of these features on our cars now!

Thanks Colin,  I feel quite short changed about the lack of these features on our cars now!

Yes. So do I ? Why does the US have these items and we don’t ? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Licensing by region. As per DVD blurays digital downloads etc.

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk