Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation by post code

I have recently aquired a lexus ux takumi 250h. How do I access the nav system to enter a post code and how do I  suspend or terminate the route guidance?

I find the Lexus wording in the manual not easy to understand especially for us older less technical to follow.

select magnifying glass symbol

select favourites 

select add new

select by addresses

select Code box

input post code and search

select the bottom of the two identical codes

select ok United Kingdom

input a name then ok

It will now be in your favorite list to select 

To delete a destination before you get there

select the 3 dots in the bottom left corner

select route

delete is top right 

it it will then take you back to the menu screen

It’s easy after doing doing a few times but I hope this is helpful. I have written it down and put it in the arm rest, not only does this put it your own words but will remind you if you do not use the satnav very often like me.

• Like 1

There is a similar thread on ES300h forum. The navigation systems is largely similar in all Lexus model, so worth taking a look here.

On 5/20/2019 at 1:14 AM, NemesisUK said:

It's all in the Nav handbook, well worth the read.

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, my car didn't come with either the main manual or the Nav manual only a slimmed down User Guide.

However, I  was able to access the instructions on the Lexus website.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who replied. I also found a video on the Lexus website explaing what to do. Easy when you know how😊

1 hour ago, Eftee said:

However, I  was able to access the instructions on the Lexus website.

You can also download the handbooks from the same location onto your phone/tablet, great for sitting in the car and going through the sequences 

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a voice command for post code navigation which is very disappointing and not in line with most other brands.

4 hours ago, Sloth said:

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a voice command for post code navigation which is very disappointing and not in line with most other brands.

It appears to be on the voice command list in the full UX manual:

image.thumb.png.96510536a23593d1eaad38b5551f7701.png

Must admit I haven't tried it myself.

• Like 1

I have tried several times on my current trip to use the voice command for postcodes and gave up in frustration every time! May be my West Country accent but could not get it to recognise anything!!

John

Lucy Lexus does not understand a Bristol accent. Not one of the Lexus’s I have had with voice command have worked, even simple things like radio on or off does not work for me. I just does not work. 

Maybe we should get a petition up to try and get them to give Lucy a West Country vocabulary!!

I have managed to get the phone working with voice control - not every time I must admit but generally after a few tries I have got the number I asked for

John

I never input Post Codes as their target is too wide of the mark.

I use My Lexus for all known Target Destinations.

My journey is detailed on 3 "Screens" i.e the Nav,the Info Screen & the HUD.

I pay little attention to the Main Screen & rely on the 2 "screens" directly in front of me.

I never input on the run &, if I need to change Destination whilst on the move, I stop to ask Google the address & then use Search to Input.

The Nav is so comprehensive it is judged to be complex with literally hundreds of POI's but my System Protocol removes any issues

Most of my friends never use their Navs in their cars but use their iPhones . Silly.

My Derbyshire Accent is acceptable to the System .

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel said:

I never input Post Codes as their target is too wide of the mark.

I use My Lexus for all known Target Destinations.

My journey is detailed on 3 "Screens" i.e the Nav,the Info Screen & the HUD.

I pay little attention to the Main Screen & rely on the 2 "screens" directly in front of me.

I never input on the run &, if I need to change Destination whilst on the move, I stop to ask Google the address & then use Search to Input.

The Nav is so comprehensive it is judged to be complex with literally hundreds of POI's but my System Protocol removes any issues

Most of my friends never use their Navs in their cars but use their iPhones . Silly.

My Derbyshire Accent is acceptable to the System .

Tel

I think this is a useful suggestion and I also like the idea of sharing user's preferred screen setups. As I am new to the UX I would be interested to see how others set up their displays including images of same. What do others think?

Eftee

I'm not really sure what the above are referring to? Can you customise your screens?

Also, I have now tried (in a courtesy car, UX F Sport/Takumi Pack) saying the magic words "Enter Post Code" and it worked!!!

It seems the word "Enter" was key as I was previously just saying "Post Code".

I still maintain the system is a little counter intuitive but as I'm getting used to it it's becoming a little less frustrating.

The other day I tried to use voice command to enter a town and street "Derby, Sir Frank Whittle Way" and it just wouldn't accept it and kept cancelling itself.

I tried several times, carefully modulating my voice but to no avail. I even tried using "Road" instead of "Way" but no joy.

I then entered it via the main screen manually and yes it was there, so why didn't it recognise the same address via voice command?...weird.

Overall though I am fairly happy and don't feel these issues warrant a re-think of my order.

They've now upgraded me to a F Sport with Takumi pack without extra charge for the delay in my delivery (late June) and are keeping me in a courtesy car until then.

Why is this in the UX section when it started in the ES section? I am awaiting an ES F Sport with Takumi Pack although currently driving a UX courtesy car.

• 2 weeks later...

My UX didn’t come with a drivers manual although there is clearly room for one in the glovebox. Did anyone get one with their UX as I’d rather have a physical copy rather than having to look online 

7 hours ago, Malcolm P said:

My UX didn’t come with a drivers manual although there is clearly room for one in the glovebox. Did anyone get one with their UX as I’d rather have a physical copy rather than having to look online 

Mine came with two abreviated manuals in the glovebox, one for the car and one for the audio/nav but I also downloaded the full versions from the Lexus website.

• 1 month later...