Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 hours ago, Glover said:

Hi Neil. Just did a search for VBRA and it came up wit NBRA.  VBRA joined with the National Association of Bodyshops in 2017 to become the NBRA, which is why you can't find the VBRA..  The NBRA website is http://nbra.org.uk/

Many thanks that's very useful. 

1 hour ago, Glover said:

Hi Neil.  Just searched the NBRA website and PK Motors isn't a member.  Looks like the insurance ombudsman might be your best course

Yes I think that you are correct. I am hoping to get a professional paint consultant to provide an assessment of the cause of failure so that the Ombudsman has an alternative to the Admiral reason for failure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 11:35 AM, NeilB said:

One of the paint companies that I have talked to suggests that the best definitive way to determine paint adhesion performance is to carry out a cross hatch test where you use a stanley knife to score the paint in a cross hatch pattern, and then apply sellotape and rip it off to see what is removed: clear coat and or base coat. The trouble is that he suggests I should also carry out the same test on the "factory painted front bumper" for a direct comparison. Sort of double or quits, then requiring rectification at both ends of the car! It could make a good post though.

So this guy wants you to take a stanley knife (other makes are available) to your own car?

Ok. I put that as close to the pleasure I'd get dragging my fingers down a chalk board...

Yes it seems severe, but when you consider the Lexus bodyshop says the bumper will need to be replaced because they dont want to put good paint on bad, so what (not so sure about doing the same test on the good front bumper'!)