Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX 400H parking/side bulb replacement 2005

GI4KIX

Hi, Does anyone know how to remove/install a RHS blown sidelight/parking  bulb on a 2005 LEXUS RX 400h?

This is the smallest & lowest one (standard 501 capless) in the headlight cluster. Its either a running or parking 

sidelight?  I can see all the other bulbs to replace them from behind  but can't see where this small one 

goes into the cluster. Can't get at it thru the wheel arch either. 

Anyone any idea how to replace it. The bulb seems to be a standard 501 capless 12v one.

It's the lowest bulb rightmost on the picture nearest centre of car below main beam in a

little bowl of its own.

Screenshot_20190520-204758_Photo Editor.jpg

It's the other side of the light so access through the wheel arch is probably not relevant.

I'd post again in the RX forum. You might get a better response. I'm not near my car these days otherwise I'd take a look. I had to do the rear light bulb and it's not the most intuitive of procedures.

Ok Thanks for reply. Got it sorted!

I was chasing a phantom! The bulb at the bottom of the casing doesn't exist. It's a mirror reflection of the one at the top. A clever optical illusion.  (But looks very real!)  Didn't realise until I took out the top one to check it & the bottom one disappeared!

It was the top one that was blown! Easy! I wonder has anyone else got fooled by this?  Or am I the stupidest person in the world? Doh!

• Like 1

Changing a bulb that doesn't exist will definitely be a challenge 😁 Glad you saw it in time. I'd've had the entire beam assembly out before realising it was a reflection.

Yep! I was almost about to remove Headlight. I even used an endoscope to try to see the back of the non - existent bulb. (Which of course I couldn't see) Then I sat back to think. It couldn't be this difficult!  What happens if I remove the top one to see what the socket looks like as they seem the same?  I switched the lights on. Not only was there no light - there was no bulb!   Voila! Alert LEXUS of the practical joke they pulled!