Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 central console (sat nav, air con etc) dead

Hi, my IS250’s sat nav started to flash on and off and eventually stopped coming in. We were still getting air con but couldn’t change the temperature due to no screen. Took the car in to Lexus Reading who quoted us £2750 as it’s a sealed unit to they have to placer after also making the situation worse as we now have no air con either, no apology just tough luck was their attitude -won’t be going back there in hurry.

Love the car, everything else is solid just not economically viable to spend that amount,

Anyone know how I get this unit replaced for a reasonable cost? 

Thanks for any help.

So are you not able to switch the aircon on with the physical button under the screen? you should also be able to adjust temp with the up/down buttons although if the screen isn't working you won't see any indication of what temperature level has been selected.

If just the screen has stopped working, there is a documented fix although it's not trivial

https://snapguide.com/guides/fix-the-touchscreen-in-a-lexus-is350/

Otherwise, I'd suggest getting a unit from a breakers. It's a relatively easy job to swap out

Have a read here 

And here 

If you have Voice Control you could try changing the Temp that way. 

As above the central unit is removable and if done carefully with plastic pry tools you should leave no trace that it has been out!

lots of vid's on you tube showing how to to it.

paul m.

On 5/22/2019 at 2:56 PM, Craftwork said:

Hi, my IS250’s sat nav started to flash on and off and eventually stopped coming in. We were still getting air con but couldn’t change the temperature due to no screen. Took the car in to Lexus Reading who quoted us £2750 as it’s a sealed unit to they have to placer after also making the situation worse as we now have no air con either, no apology just tough luck was their attitude -won’t be going back there in hurry.

Love the car, everything else is solid just not economically viable to spend that amount,

Anyone know how I get this unit replaced for a reasonable cost? 

Thanks for any help.

I replaced the screen myself, cost £100 and was an original part.... £2750!  What a rip off!  Just shows that Lexus employ part replacement technicians who don't have a clue of how to save the customer money!

• Thanks 1

Agreed.. Don't seem to be many people that can actually  'fix' things anymore without throwing new parts at it hoping it's gonna sort the problem.

Case in point here https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/119334-occasional-starting-problem/?tab=comments#comment-1088172

And charges customer for parts that don't fix it/aren't required! Brilliant business model!

paul m.

Seems to be the way these days,easier to throw away or replace rather than trying to repair or fix,repairing is a dying art while replacing is the new norm lol 😁

• 5 weeks later...

Closing the loop. Fixed it.

I wasn’t sure which part of the central console wasn’t working so bought a second hand unit from eBay at £450, there were less expensive units but the code didn’t match on the top screen element and didn’t want to risk it. I’m no expert but watched a video on YouTube on how to replace it and did it in a couple of hours. Ah - we’ve air conditioning and the audio system which is all we really wanted - integral sat nav is no where near as good as TomTom app.

Thanks for the help all those who came back.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links