Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2003 Mkll GS430 exhaust advice experience

BJ430

My MKll back mufflers and stainless Y piece will need replacing in a while and I wondered if anyone had got any experience of custom or non original exhaust from a good source - I am around cheshire.

TIA

BJ430

I have made an enquiry with Banksy.

I have also discovered these on the bay of fools :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323054962829

The standard back box is £334 and these are  £138 - are the lexus standard parts just overpriced?.

Makes you wonder on quality and exhaust back pressure variance from the standard.

Anyone come across/used these parts ???

BJ430

1 hour ago, BJ430 said:

I have made an enquiry with Banksy.

I have also discovered these on the bay of fools :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323054962829

The standard back box is £334 and these are  £138 - are the lexus standard parts just overpriced?.

Makes you wonder on quality and exhaust back pressure variance from the standard.

Anyone come across/used these parts ???

BJ430

i think if you are not looking for a stainless steel or lifetime exhaust (more pricey) then these ones from online automotive should do fine and will be quieter than stainless steel.. anything from Lexus dealer is over priced as i found out with 02 Sensors where they wanted £300 for the same Denso part which goes for £60 outside the dealer. 

Here's the surprise. I am getting quotes of approx £300 for the back boxes replcement in stainless and the online automotive are almost as much.

Everyday's a schoolday - I have to establish any constraints yet with the stainless mufflers. I am assuming that CO2 and NOX will be the same for the MOT etc

Here's the surprise. I am getting quotes of approx £300 for the back boxes replcement in stainless and the online automotive are almost as much.
Everyday's a schoolday - I have to establish any constraints yet with the stainless mufflers. I am assuming that CO2 and NOX will be the same for the MOT etc

No MOT concerns, so I wouldn’t worry there. It’s more around the vast array of tailpipe shapes to choose from, and the noise you want. I loved the extra V8 burble on mine with a custom setup, but that’s not for everyone.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Looks like I am limited to the standard or stainless. Automotive only have one side. 😞

So looked at a stainless provider on the wirral  ( not really wanting to drive over to leeds to see Banksy ) and came across powerflow that seem to do the job.

Powerflow / Cybox in Bromborough - anyone used them? Heard anything good or Bad ?

Thanks

BJ430

1 hour ago, BJ430 said:

Looks like I am limited to the standard or stainless. Automotive only have one side. 😞

So looked at a stainless provider on the wirral  ( not really wanting to drive over to leeds to see Banksy ) and came across powerflow that seem to do the job.

Powerflow / Cybox in Bromborough - anyone used them? Heard anything good or Bad ?

Thanks

BJ430

Try and do some more research as I have heard that they offer cheap and thin  s/s systems. Ask to speak to some of their customers.

I have not used them myself and merely urge you to be cautious.

Powerflow is a franchise. They supply exhaust parts for the particular workshop to build exhaust by welding parts together, and as such the quality of work, and price varies at each franchise. 

John.

• Like 1

I remember a few years ago my brother was looking to buy a Maserati 4200 Cambriocorsa and I went with him to several viewings.

One in particular was a back street dealer in Nottinghamshire, although the guy knew we were coming he wasn’t there when we arrived so we took a look at the car.

The rear exhaust back boxes which are around £800.00 each were both missing replaced with straight through pipes!

”He’s on his way shouldn’t be long”

”So are we goodbye”

Yes, take your point and I must admit after doing a bit more research and given the condition of the rest of the car I may as well get the pukka parts, unless something radical happens and I can't see that.

Mine has only done 62k miles but is fairly mint considering it's an '03 - it would be silly to spoil it.

I have used Lexus parts for belts, brakes, discs, radiator etc so why not the exhaust.

Thanks for all your inputs.