Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200D F Sport. Cutting out when clutch pressed at low revs

Hi Folks.

Really need your help:

Recently bought a very beautiful IS 200D F Sport.  The problem is it has been cutting out occasionally. It happens when I press the clutch at very low revs. Usually when i have slowed down to turn a corner. Had the egg valve cleaned... no difference. Car is currently idling at approx. 700-800 rpm. Has anybody had this problem and how do I fix it? 

Should also mention I just got a (very sensible) custom remap. Increased power from 150 to 170 + an extra 60 lb of torque. Just about right I would say! Makes it more flexible and enjoyable to drive.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

This could be caused by a failing clutch release bearing. Do you notice a difference in cranking speed at start up with your foot on, and off the clutch? 

Years ago Triumph 4 cylinder engines suffered this problem, and this was due to crank end float thrust washers warring, and dropping out causing the crank to rub on the engine casting when the clutch was pressed.

John.