Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F cars and brake dust

Looks like a lot of rust, more than dust from the pads. Car might have been stood a while.
What do people use on their wheels to make this easier to clean. I've tried poorboys wheel sealant, but doesnt seem to really help.
Also very difficult to get the stuck on dust off. It likes to build into hard scabs that wont budge.

29 minutes ago, Toothy said:

I've tried poorboys wheel sealant, but doesnt seem to really help.
Also very difficult to get the stuck on dust off. It likes to build into hard scabs that wont budge.

Are you sure you’re applying correctly if that is your experience? 

I’ve used Poorboys Wheel Sealant on my cars for a number of years now and can always tell the difference once it’s applied. Apply a couple of coats twice a year and it makes the wheels so much easier to clean. 

38 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Looks like a lot of rust, more than dust from the pads. Car might have been stood a while.
What do people use on their wheels to make this easier to clean. I've tried poorboys wheel sealant, but doesnt seem to really help.

A chap I know who is a very well respected local detailer always uses Gtechniq alloy wheel armour. I have had this put on all my cars wheels for sometime, I also use Poorboys every now and then to top up the protection. The composition of the rotors also seems to have an effect on how much dust is raised. The discs on my Mini (Yellow Racing) and my Phaeton (Tarox Bespoke) were both highest quality stainless steel and neither cars suffered from brake dust fallout.

1 minute ago, B1RMA said:

A chap I know who is a very well respected local detailer always uses Gtechniq alloy wheel armour. I have had this put on all my cars wheels for sometime, I also use Poorboys every now and then to top up the protection. The composition of the rotors also seems to have an effect on how much dust is raised. The discs on my Mini (Yellow Racing) and my Phaeton (Tarox Bespoke) were both highest quality stainless steel and neither cars suffered from brake dust fallout. Just to add the photo of my Mini wheels is after a bout a four week period, before changing to the big brake kit looked they looked crap after two days.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:10 PM, Flytvr said:

Really - really not that bad

185F3E50-15D4-4184-8377-B1501BE06DD2.jpeg

Dav, is that dust from your garage??....or are u trying to state a “usage claim”? 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2019 at 7:22 AM, Toothy said:

Gtechniq C5

Wowo's crystal sealant on mine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:22 AM, Toothy said:

I always seal my wheels with Carbon Collective platinum wheels, then use Sonax wheel cleaner to keep them clean