Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello - RX350 Audio Replacement Query

Hi from sunny Jersey

I have just purchased a 2007 RX350 SE with the touchscreen Nav, which I will be collecting next week.

Will most probably have loads of questions to ask which hopefully I will find the answers to on this forum.

After my test drive today I noticed that the passenger speaker needs replacing, so my first question is does anyone know what size speakers the RX350 has.

My other question and the most important one is that I want to replace the tape deck and cd unit with maybe a multimedia unit so that I can Bluetooth audio from my Iphone, have an aux/usb socket  and also get Digital radio channels but still be able to use the steering wheel controls,  I have roughly £500 budget to hopefully do this, so has anybody on here ever done this and if so any suggestions on what system to go for and any links.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or tips any of you may have.

• Like 1

Thanks for this Herbie its a very informative video, will have to rope my mate in to sort out all those wires and connections as don't really trust myself.

I have also been checking out the US Site also and an after market stereo from one of the big makes maybe the option.

Does anybody know the best place to buy the plain stereo surrounding and stereo bracket in the uk as I can only find it on US Amazon in the video and still above 

You're welcome my friend.

I'm not sure if the surround trim is available in the UK as I've never looked but you should be able to order from the USA alright. Quite a few people on these forums get stuff from over there without any problems.

I have a Kenwood 7100DAB head unit in mine and it’s really good. Highly recommended.

https://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/dab-car-stereos/kenwood-dpx-7100dab-digital-receiver

Also have Morel Virtus 5 speakers which are excellent too but they’re probably out of your budget.

Halfords had a sweet deal on the kenwood head unit fully fitted, not sure if it’s still available but would be really good value with the forum discount.

You should try Connects2. They have a great deal of goods and have sorted 000''s out with car audio enquiries. If they can't help you with facia bits or anything car audio then they'll point you in the right direction. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links