Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel injectors

Jayk81

Hey everyone, 

Only new to this but would appreciate some help. Bought my first Lexus there in Jan, its an is 220d 2008, beautiful car but starting to have a little trouble with her. Got a great deal on her but starting to understand why. 

Bought it as a private sale from a mechanic with full service history. Its just rolling 200km on the clock but service history says she was well looked after. 

Problem I'm having is, I think fuel injector and after reading up possibly the 5Th injector. Bit of dark diesel around the top of engine block and its hissing out fumes. I've attached a video. If anyone could give me an idea I'd be very grateful. I'm based in Dublin. 

Is the car drivable to a mechanic or should it be towed? 

Thanks in advance 

If it is hissing fumes then one or more injectors aren't seated (sealed) properly.  Are the injectors level?  - has someone not bothered to take out a sealing ring and just put a new one on top then an injector on top of that?  Are the clamps clamping down the injectors tight?

• 1 month later...

i have an identical issue,no2 injector blowing by...i have just ordered a new washer and will be trying a fix soon.

its been blowing for some time i think,could not hear it till i pulled the top cover off while servicing the sons car,as its been like this for a while and running fine i guess a drive to your repair man will not be a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

well i changed the injector washer....15 minutes to remove the injector and the rest of the day removing the old washer welded into the hole with the black gunk blowing by.

what a pig of a job it was....if i was still in the trade and doing a customers car it would of cost at least 200 quid maybe more to do the job.

good news is the injector is no longer blowing...even better news...my son who owns it has bought a honda civic type r instead....

really bad news... hes gifted the lexus to his brother for his birthday and i still have the dubious pleasure of mending it when it breaks again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links