Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX300h 2019 10” Premium Nav - Cancel Navigation

Hi, new to Lexus and new to this forum, had my 2019 NX300h for 8 weeks now, does anyone have a tip to immediately cancel the navigation destination rather than clicking around the screen following the various selections to eventually get to the correct cancellation ‘Delete’ click...   seems such a long method, I do have voice control too but none of my commands have worked...  any guidance much appreciated.. Ed

It isn't the most intuitive system, but as with most things it becomes easier the more you use it. I don't think it ever becomes simple, but at least the guidance is accurate in my experience.

When a destination is programmed;

- to pause, push the map button. That brings up the left hand side menu. Select the three dots (final option) and pause guidance is available on the next menu at the top.

- to cancel, same as above but select 'route' instead of pause. This brings up a delete option at the top right of the screen above the map.

Personally never use voice control so afraid I can't help with that.

There is an awful lot the system can do which you'd never know unless you ask for the full manual from Lexus Customer services (they'll send it for free) and spend some time learning how to best set the system up and how it works. I found the dealer very helpful too, as they took me through the main functions both on the test drive and on collection.

Lexus really needs to sort out its infotainment imho. It isn't a showstopper for me, but I know people who would walk away from a car because of such things and who would choose a car because of it. Seems odd to me, but everybody is different!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ed659 said:

Hi, new to Lexus and new to this forum, had my 2019 NX300h for 8 weeks now, does anyone have a tip to immediately cancel the navigation destination rather than clicking around the screen following the various selections to eventually get to the correct cancellation ‘Delete’ click...   seems such a long method, I do have voice control too but none of my commands have worked...  any guidance much appreciated.. Ed

For voice command press and release voice button on steering wheel. When you hear beep say dial and name for phone or say navigation and it reads an options list to choose from. For instance you can say “enter postcode” . On prompt say the postcode and it will ask you to confirm. Once confirmed it reads postcode back and asks do you wish to navigate to it. Used it today so does work.

• Like 2

This may not be directly linked, but, I have brought my new NX car in several times for voice activated navigation glitches. To be frank it only ever worked once.  I asked it to be taken ‘home’ after manually inputting & saving the address.  Every other request, even with meticulously careful annunciation of destination has failed. The system tells me the addresses are unknown or curtly cancels/closes the instruction. The latest news is another update is to be applied at a date to be confirmed. I wouldn’t usually bother but it seemed to take a while to get Lexus to confirm the system was working ‘intermittently.’ Is this a common experience? 

• 7 months later...

Thank you for your replies Dob, Effie and First _Lexus...  7months down the line and it's still annoying trying to find an easier was to use the infotainment..

• 3 years later...

I have had the same problem with nav saying it does not understand when I ask for past destinations or anything else. Is there an easy fix for this or an an expensive upgrade available only from dealer?

On 1/22/2023 at 2:23 AM, Alan DeB said:

I have had the same problem with nav saying it does not understand when I ask for past destinations or anything else. Is there an easy fix for this or an an expensive upgrade available only from dealer?

The cheap fix is to use CarPlay or Android Auto with apple Maps/Google Maps/Waze etc. and not to use the in-built system.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links