Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Joining the 300h club

David, please can you share a link or some way of finding more information on it? Thanks

15 minutes ago, LexusIS300h said:

I don’t know if you’re interested in this, but my 66 IS300h is up for sale on Auto Trader with a genuine sub 10k Miles, not shabby for a car that will be 3 years old in October. I promise you it is immaculate inside and out and we only parted company with it because my wife and I had difficulty getting out of it with poorly knees 🤔. FP66EEB 

6 hours ago, HMS said:

and 15 plate would not bother you? 

Why would that bother you?

Our IS is a 15 plate, bought new, its by far the most reliable car we have owned, and we've had 7 Nissans and 2 Hondas between us in the past!!!

The hybrid drivetrain is essentially the same as the Prius, and there is a good reasons why Taxi drivers love the Prius. 

In over 4 years of ownership I've never had to add a single drop of oil, coolant, and its still on original factory tyres!!!

The Premier has all the toys you could want, even compared to a brand new 2019 car from other brands. 

I've tired very hard to find a reason to sell the IS for another car, but ever time when I do the numbers the IS just comes out leagues ahead of any other car.

£10/VED, a true 45mpg all year round, £200/year service at independent garage, rock solid reliability, no risk of been banned/fined even if ULEZ becomes national, very slow depreciation for a £40k+ list price car.

Our IS300H is in no way the most 'loved' car we have owned, and I'm not going to miss it when it goes - even our old diesel Civic beats the IS for 'character' with its turbo lag/wine and good old torque steer, but as a tool to get you from A to B in comfort (main job of any car) it's one of the best cars we've owned!! And honestly I think it'll end up been in the family till it dies, which is going to be a long long long time into the future.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HMS said:

exec only have parking sensor no rear view camera however some (not sure about brand new ones) premier ones only have rear view camera and no parking sensor whch feels rather odd athough not necessarily a deal breaker.

Premier DOES have parking sensors AND camera!! 

Find a rare one with the 'safety kit' you also get rear blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert - which is really useful, adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, high beam assist and emergency autonomous braking.

But hardly any pre 2017 cars had this option box ticked, post 2017 it came as standard spec.

Post 2017 cars also had LED headlights added and a larger media screen, so if you can up your budget these are the ones to get. Otherwise 2013-2016 cars are basically the same.

10 hours ago, HMS said:

and 15 plate would not bother you? 

Nope.

Face lift came out 2017 with larger screen. 66 Vs 15 would be the same.

Get the Premier. I had an exec on loan whilst my F Sport was being worked on. Going backwards, it felt lacking. But if you've never experienced a Premier, perhaps you won't know what you're missing out on.

Lots of useful info in this discussion following my first post.  I've posted a photo of my 13-reg 300h, for which I paid £12250, which I judged a fair price.  It's a Luxury version (whatever that may imply, and clearly from earlier posts the spec can vary widely) - but it has reversing camera and cruise control, although not adaptive (which I mistrust anyway.)  Leather heated seats, etc etc. The only thing I miss from my LS430 is the driver's seat position memory (an odd item to exclude from a luxury spec, but there you are.)  I'm managing regularly to achieve better than 50 mpg by careful driving technique - select cruise early, no blipping the throttle, careful braking, etc.  I reckon I'm set for the next 5 years, by which (optimistically) the car will have paid for itself and at 82 I'll be in a rest home.

• Like 2