Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitted my door "ghost" lights

I don't know why they're called ghost lights but after being told about them by another member I bought a set of these.  Less than £12 for the four, 1 minute each to fit and very bright and clear.  Very impressed with them.  Admittedly it doesn't say Celsior but you can't have it all!

020.JPG

021.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

I don't know why they're called ghost lights but after being told about them by another member I bought a set of these.  Less than £12 for the four, 1 minute each to fit and very bright and clear.  Very impressed with them.  Admittedly it doesn't say Celsior but you can't have it all!

020.JPG

021.JPG

Reminds me of Gotham City and Batman !

Bet you cannot wait for Winter Phil.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Bet you cannot wait for Winter Phil.

To be honest John, sitting on my garden when the sun goes in it feels like Winter already!

5 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

And I am still sipping my Rioja old pa here in sunny Andalucia!

No need to rub it in!  Although I do have a good stash of Rioja now after coming back via Calais on Saturday.

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

No need to rub it in!  Although I do have a good stash of Rioja now after coming back via Calais on Saturday.

Are we to expect a full report with piccies on your pan-european adventure, of have I missed it?

16 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Are we to expect a full report with piccies on your pan-european adventure, of have I missed it?

I did briefly mention it, the car performed brilliantly. The main problem was the 450 mile drive from Luxembourg to Saltzburg which was done in constant and at times torrential rain which reduced the speed needed on a long drive.  And because of the snow the Eagles nest was closed, as it was last year. Still, it's an excuse to go again.  Although we really enjoyed the whole experience, the biggest downer was the seemingly endless roadworks and traffic delays on the German motorways.  I know they have to maintain them but they seemed to be doing them all at once!  Once again we were struck by the beauty of Luxembourg and are considering a separate trip there at some time.  We love walking and the walks in the woodland areas of Luxembourg are just stunning.  Our hotel was just 50 yards from the woods so it'll be a good base for next time.

3 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I did briefly mention it, the car performed brilliantly. The main problem was the 450 mile drive from Luxembourg to Saltzburg which was done in constant and at times torrential rain which reduced the speed needed on a long drive.  And because of the snow the Eagles nest was closed, as it was last year. Still, it's an excuse to go again.  Although we really enjoyed the whole experience, the biggest downer was the seemingly endless roadworks and traffic delays on the German motorways.  I know they have to maintain them but they seemed to be doing them all at once!  Once again we were struck by the beauty of Luxembourg and are considering a separate trip there at some time.  We love walking and the walks in the woodland areas of Luxembourg are just stunning.  Our hotel was just 50 yards from the woods so it'll be a good base for next time.

Thanks Phil.It sounds stunning.I once drove from here (Andalucia) to Fallingbostal near Hannover and enjoyed it immensely.

I drive from Wirral to here twice each year (and back) and can appreciate your sentiments about travelling and the geography of all around you..

• Like 1

They are great aren't they 🙂 I have kept my original ones in the shed in case I decide to go back to factory although I would put LED lamps in if doing so as the bulbs in them are almost 14 years old now - as you know so easy to fit and look great at night. Next up is the replacement of all the other interior lighting with LED's after I get new brake disks and change my KPH cluster for a UK one. 

7 hours ago, BMCWP said:

They are great aren't they 🙂 I have kept my original ones in the shed in case I decide to go back to factory although I would put LED lamps in if doing so as the bulbs in them are almost 14 years old now - as you know so easy to fit and look great at night. Next up is the replacement of all the other interior lighting with LED's after I get new brake disks and change my KPH cluster for a UK one. 

I didn't expect much for what they cost so I was really surprised the first time I saw them when it was getting dark.  I've kept my originals as well, just in case.

1 hour ago, Greer said:

I'm quite lost, what are those 'ghost' lights for & are they illuminated in the dark to people just passing by?

They're just replacement door puddle lights and are just a novelty. I've got them on my car too.

puddle.thumb.jpg.e9872ff2368cfd84ad26b89b381a031d.jpg

• Like 1

Look fun - would you be able to post a link to where you can buy them?  My drivers, Red, door puddle light doesn't work, I tried replacing the bulb but it's still not working...

2 hours ago, PJD said:

Look fun - would you be able to post a link to where you can buy them?  My drivers, Red, door puddle light doesn't work, I tried replacing the bulb but it's still not working...

So far can only find ghost lights for LS430 and 460, none so far for the 400, so wondering if we are out of luck with our first gen LS purchase

6 hours ago, PJD said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4Pcs-Logo-LED-Door-Courtesy-Light-Ghost-Shadow-Laser-Projector-Fit-For-Lexus/264237608712?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I think they're posted from Hong Kong but still arrived in 3 days.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PJD said:

Phil,  I checked mine the other day and not working but current flowing.  LOC.com thread said check the door switch and sure enough when pressing it in and out the light did come on intermittantly. 

Replacement part from USA reduced from $68 to $20 but I found this on eBay and so it may need a bit of modification or it may fit without modding.  Cost £2 from China.  Lexus part cost  ??? wouldn't like to guess.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163515809814

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Replacement part from USA reduced from $68 to $20 but I found this on ebay and so it may need a bit of modification or it may fit without modding.  Cost £2 from China.  Lexus part cost  ??? wouldn't like to guess.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163515809814

Just take the existing one off and open it up. You'll probably find that the plunger is gunged up and just needs cleaning and/or a bit of lubrication, or maybe a new spring is needed.

6 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Phil Acre,  They won't fit the LS400.  Not seen any that will. 

Yes, I notice on their listing the 400 isn't mentioned but I would contact them to ask, they seem to respond well to questions.  

13 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Yes, I notice on their listing the 400 isn't mentioned but I would contact them to ask, they seem to respond well to questions.  

Then again the 400 light is a red reflector to warn cars at night of an open door. Perhaps the 430 has puddle lights down under the door as well as the Red Reflectors?

18 hours ago, Herbie said:

Just take the existing one off and open it up. You'll probably find that the plunger is gunged up and just needs cleaning and/or a bit of lubrication, or maybe a new spring is needed.

I unscrewed the part and it didn't want to come out showing the cable. Not sure why but yes a modding job I suspect.

16 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Then again the 400 light is a red reflector to warn cars at night of an open door. Perhaps the 430 has puddle lights down under the door as well as the Red Reflectors?

I may be wrong but I seem to remember my UK spec 430 had red lights but as mine is JDM it has white lights, I'm sure someone else will confirm. The 430 also has puddle lights under the door mirrors.

ghost lights.

the lights look good, how do you remove the red lights , do the new ones have a power supply of their own or batteries, I am thinking of buying some,

any help please Sam

On 5/30/2019 at 7:42 PM, The-Acre said:

I may be wrong but I seem to remember my UK spec 430 had red lights but as mine is JDM it has white lights, I'm sure someone else will confirm. The 430 also has puddle lights under the door mirrors.

Yes, my LS430 has red lights in the door, - although the drivers side is not working, i attempted to replace the bulb but it's still not working.  There are white lights under the door mirrors

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 3:31 PM, Herbie said:

If you look at the messages above Norman, you'll see that you can't get them for the LS400

I wonder if anyone has checked to see if both models are the same, it's possible they kept the same pattern I suppose.