Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had the need to take more luggage than boot space allowed. Had a look under the lift up floor and took out both the plastic box and spare wheel location moulding. Used my boot liner (from Lidl) to re-line the space, bingo, almost double capacity. Probably keep this configuration. 

I noticed there seems to be a lot of space down there. All my usual junk i carry around fitted in the tray, leaving the main boot empty, so i didn't investigate further but its useful to know it's there.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently had a UX for the weekend and thought it a brilliant car. The only poor point was boot space, a supermarket shopping bag being taller than the boot with standard floor and cloth parcel shelf.

Please does anybody have pictures (and measurements ) of the 'bowl' or other adjustments that may be made?

Many thanks

John

• 5 months later...

Very interested in this - which "bowl" did you order? Because my car has run-flat tires, there's literally nothing in the silly piece of foam under the boot and I'd very much like to be able to make use of that space...

Nick

Has anybody had a spare wheel fitted, either a full size or space saver?

If so have they been able to retain use of the under floor tray please?

If no spare wheel is fitted, has anyone managed to fit a deeper box in place of the tray,or been able to modify the tray to make it deeper? Anything to improve the boot storage area really!

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things on my to-do list this weekend is to pull the useless foam block out and see what sort of space I have to work with. There don't seem to be any ready-made aftermarket solutions to fill whatever gap is left, but I'm hoping I can hack something together...

Nick

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2019 at 3:00 PM, Chris Krix said:

Had the need to take more luggage than boot space allowed. Had a look under the lift up floor and took out both the plastic box and spare wheel location moulding. Used my boot liner (from Lidl) to re-line the space, bingo, almost double capacity. Probably keep this configuration. 

Yes Chris and thanks for posting this. I took time this weekend to explore this capability and your right there is a fair amount of room there. A couple of things surprised me as well. The spare wheel location moulding only had the towing eyelet fastened onto it, all the other compartments where empty what a waste of space i thought. Saying that with run flats that's all that's needed i suppose. There wasn't a reflector (manual did say might not have one) there was place for jack there isn't one and i would have expected a first aid kit there wasn't one. I also noticed the 12volt Battery was not where the manual says it will be (that's a hot topic of discussion on here now charging etc). Yes your bang on there is a capability to near double your boot capacity a good post thanks.

Brent.  

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 9:40 PM, Iibu said:

I just got mine, and sales ordered replacement “bowl” to get more space.

I asked about this from the dealer i just bought mine from . Never heard of it.

On 8/21/2020 at 2:09 PM, EvilRacer329 said:

One of the things on my to-do list this weekend is to pull the useless foam block out and see what sort of space I have to work with. There don't seem to be any ready-made aftermarket solutions to fill whatever gap is left, but I'm hoping I can hack something together...

Nick

Nick the post by Chris with a liner would do the trick. Lidl had some in last week.

Yeah, I wasn't able to get ti Lidl last week and it looks like it's now all Christmas stuff. Does anyone have a photo of the item in question? I assume it's a sort of universal-fit job designed to slot into the space where a spare wheel would go?

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up this liner for a fiver from Lidls today. I'm hoping this is the product mentioned by Chris earlier. I don't have my car yet to try it out. It loops around the headrests to keep it in place at the back of the boot. It also has Velcro strips on the side flaps. If the boot is carpeted on the sides you just press to the sides of the boot to keep the flaps on the side in place. If the boot sides are a plastic it includes some self adhesive strips to attach to the plastic so the Velcro can then adhere to these. 

As I say I cannot confirm myself how this will fit as I don't have my car to experiment taking out whatever underfloor packing is in place and can been removed.

Chris is this the product you used successfully? Two pictures supplied.

20201130_132449.jpg

20201130_132516.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 1:36 PM, Navnan2 said:

I picked up this liner for a fiver from Lidls today. I'm hoping this is the product mentioned by Chris earlier. I don't have my car yet to try it out. It loops around the headrests to keep it in place at the back of the boot. It also has Velcro strips on the side flaps. If the boot is carpeted on the sides you just press to the sides of the boot to keep the flaps on the side in place. If the boot sides are a plastic it includes some self adhesive strips to attach to the plastic so the Velcro can then adhere to these. 

As I say I cannot confirm myself how this will fit as I don't have my car to experiment taking out whatever underfloor packing is in place and can been removed.

Chris is this the product you used successfully? Two pictures supplied.

20201130_132449.jpg

20201130_132516.jpg

Hi Barry

I don't know what the configuration Chris has used but the liner you have purchased there is also another type in Lidl they were on sale the same time the other one is a lot deeper so if the lift up board and bowl or a spare wheel were removed it would fill the full cavity. The 2 I saw on sale were priced at about £5.99 & £12.99  respectively I'm saying approx. here. I'm actually kicking myself i didn't get the bigger one, but there is definitely a lot more room in there than you think. 

23 hours ago, ALAW said:

Hi Barry

I don't know what the configuration Chris has used but the liner you have purchased there is also another type in Lidl they were on sale the same time the other one is a lot deeper so if the lift up board and bowl or a spare wheel were removed it would fill the full cavity. The 2 I saw on sale were priced at about £5.99 & £12.99  respectively I'm saying approx. here. I'm actually kicking myself i didn't get the bigger one, but there is definitely a lot more room in there than you think. 

Ah so I might have picked up the wrong one Brent?  Not having my car yet to try it for fit made it a gamble purchase albeit very cheap one. I was hoping for some feedback on here to see if I had the right one so many thanks. I might pop in again next week in case there are the larger ones still there and do an exchange.

Thanks, Barry

16 minutes ago, Navnan2 said:

Ah so I might have picked up the wrong one Brent?  Not having my car yet to try it for fit made it a gamble purchase albeit very cheap one. I was hoping for some feedback on here to see if I had the right one so many thanks. I might pop in again next week in case there are the larger ones still there and do an exchange.

Thanks, Barry

Barry i was in lidl last night and the one you bought they still had one in store and someone had opened it up. It looked fine to me it was just the other one was a lot larger and would fill the full cavity. 

Brent

On 12/4/2020 at 12:34 PM, ALAW said:

Barry i was in lidl last night and the one you bought they still had one in store and someone had opened it up. It looked fine to me it was just the other one was a lot larger and would fill the full cavity. 

Brent

Hello Brent, i popped in Lidl earlier today and found the same as you, there were a couple of unpackaged £5 ones but no sign of the £12 99p ones. There was a huge plasticy one for £9 99p which looked like it would cover the rear of a Range Rover floor to ceiling but would look very untidy in my view. I think I've decided to make do with the cheaper small one and see how it fits when I get my car.

Thanks again for your replies.

Barry 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links