Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Under F-bonnet temperatures and other top tweaks...

Please feel free to refer anyone on the forum here once they start spouting unsubstantiated rubbish...works especially well if the content is unrelated to the topic and suffers from confirmation bias...Also feel free to share the most ludicrous snake-oil tweaks you’ve heard on your travails. 

Took my spark plugs out at the weekend and it started raining. Put them back in..... And it stopped. Give me a shout if you want guaranteed good weather for any upcoming barbeques 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

After buying my ISF, I saw many more IS models on the roads than before. Obviously as an 'influencer' people were following my lead, so it is clear my choices have an important impact on the market. It was why I got such a good deal on my RCF, as Lexus wanted to boost sales. It works, as since I bought mine, there are many more RCF owners on the forum.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Not really a tweak but a useful tip in the spirit of the thread, I've found that urinating in the final bucket when washing your car (use of gloves recommended) it deters cats and dogs from cocking their leg against your wheels/car. I hasten to add this theory is, on the whole not fully tested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I’ve found the RC to be quicker if I have a friend in the car with a name that begins with an F. However the car feels a bit twitchier and gets quite exhausting if I have a friend in the car with a name that begins with an M. The weirdest one was when I gave my friend Antony Michael Gregson a lift - my car became really expensive to service...but the exhaust sounded amazing.

Weird. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When I drive the car a bit spirited I put the heaters on full power and highest temp and put the windows down slightly so it creates a vacuum pulling hot air out the engine, defo adds 25.7bhp 👍 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I've even got another top tweak put your Battery on the wrong way that way it gets rid of various relays fuses and ECUs you don't need so thats instant weight loss turns it into the lotus tuned lexus! goes like an old lotus too😂

I’ve heard that if you de-tune the engine a little to comply with latest exhaust regulations so that it makes a bit less power, add a big wing on the back and pay for journalists to have an amazing holiday at an international motor racing circuit of their choosing the RCF is much quicker and handles as well as anything else on the road. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I find my car gets to 60 quicker if I film the speedo whilst doing it. Defo using this trick down the drag strip next weekend see if I can get in to the 11's!!

• Haha 3

Little know FACT , the staggered wheel size on the ISF are designed to allow the user to use the car for drag and circuit racing simply fit the wider wheel at the front for increased cornering at the track and reverse the process for added traction at the strip !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I removed the front and rear window thus drastically reducing drag. Acceleration improved considerably and top speed by the sound of it as well.

I will now remove the drivers seat, sit on the floor so my head will not be in the wind when driving i will look into a special periscope to see the road i calculated this will increase Vmax by at least 10%.  If this works i will then drive the car from the trunk so weight distribution will be more biased towards the rear. Please note i will eat at mcdonalds for 1 month to maximize the result.

will keep you posted

• Like 1

I think more subtle mods are more in keeping with the Lexus ethos. Personally I find that a persistent, medium depth of road dirt on the paintwork essentially renders the car invisible to both radar and the eye, resulting in a highly effective stealth-mobile at a fraction of the price of an F35. It is also highly eco recommended, due to the reduced water consumption as a result of avoiding excessive washing.

A friend of my cousin's boss in Los Angeles swears by homeopathic screen wash. Apparently the more dilute it is, the better it works. And in 3 years of use, his jets have never once frozen up in winter.

I'm not sure about homeopathic products, so I've ordered some dice, a couple of blindfolds and a carton of placebo off eBay so I can do a proper scientific trial.

Goodness knows how fast my car would be if the rear seats folded down. 

( you'd have to have been on 'Pistonheads' for a few years to understand )........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links