Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought this magazine because of one thing

1 hour ago, Ashrez said:

Saw this and just had to get a copy.

20190529_193209.jpg

Not driven the M5, but I’d be tempted by a C43. Fun car - however, is the C43 an AMG?

21 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Not driven the M5, but I’d be tempted by a C43. Fun car - however, is the C43 an AMG?

That is a good question. Proper AMGs are supposed to be of a "One man, one engine" philosophy. Are the one's below the 63 also of this philosophy? They do market the C43 as an AMG though.

• Like 1

I found the C43 more fun than a GS-F.  On a twisty B road, I'd certainly take a C43 - it feels so more placeable than the GS-F. Cracking exhaust on it as well.

They do sound great, for a 6 😁

Dont look special enough for me, same as the S audi's and sub M beemers

They have all the power I need in reality, but I want my car to look special too. If they put flared arches on a C43 estate I'd have one, but thats intentionally reserved for the full fat models only

5 hours ago, C.B said:

They do sound great, for a 6 😁

Dont look special enough for me, same as the S audi's and sub M beemers

They have all the power I need in reality, but I want my car to look special too. If they put flared arches on a C43 estate I'd have one, but thats intentionally reserved for the full fat models only

Agree with everything you say there.

Great car, but the 63 has more drama (visually and aurally).

If i was after an AMG i'd make sure i get a proper 63 ones. I'm sure the 43 is loads of fun but i feel at the end of the day it's more a Mercedes than it is an AMG if that makes any sense 😅 There's just something special about a proper V8 AMG's.

Having said that, the M5's and E63 AMG was in my price range when i got my GSF. And i think i got it right because i still feel like i just bought the car yesterday 😁

• Like 1

I've had two AMG's a N/A SL63 with the V8 which I really liked and didn't have any problems despite such things as head-bolt issues and other wallet crippling issues. I then went on to the V12 twin turbo V12 AMG. Both proper AMG's in an old fashioned sort of way but I still had the hankering for a N/A V8 which is where I landed up with the RCF although I did consider the Mustang too.

I agree AMG's should have bloody great big engines with loud exhausts not hatchbacks or watered down versions might as well have an AMG line in my opinion.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links