Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

57 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

Dan, ALL and I mean ALL calls are recorded and have to be by law, no court would rule in their favour if they have erased the conversation, all conversation are kept for a minimum of 5 years for reasons of this nature. Sounds more like an insurance scam from a third party and it’s easier for them to just pass it on to you rather than deal with it themselves.....all insurance companies are charlatans and lower than pond scum! Good luck mate 🤞🏻  

I've got the email certificate off them which shows when I cancelled I'm thinking it's probably like you say a fraudulent claim could even be another business up my end wanting to cause trouble as I've had a bit of bother from rival limo companies. Just hope it doesn't affect my insurance renewal as I've got another company that depends on it also 😕

52 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Took the words out of my mouth on the call recording front.  

Btw...  I work for a certain large insurance company...  Not mentioned on this thread though 🙂

lol, the “pond scum” wasn’t directed at u personally 😉.......it’s the only industry that never looses money, I’ve had many an argument with insurance companies over my premium rises when I’ve not claimed, no one has claimed against me and I still have my cars n bike!.......we have to have insurance and insurance companies know that and can charge what they like as by law “we have to pay it”........it definitely needs some sort of regulations put in force......btw all my family were underwriters from American companies to Lloyd’s of London and they passed these views down 😉🤪🤪

• Like 1

@Womble72 Trust me, no offence taken on that front.

On an insurance front, believe it or not, insurance companies make about 3p profit per £.  Obviously all adds up over time.  Only takes "the beast from the east" or the car park fire that took out 1000 vehicles to dent that.

Premiums fluctuate due to various reasons, the £ against the € has had a massive impact as well.  Most spare parts (regardless of manufacturer) and paint is purchased from European stores in € so repairs have become more expensive recently

😞

On a different front, staff discounted premium of £250 a year with £300 excess for my old bird of an ISF goes down well with the bank account 😉

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

make about 3p profit per £.

well in my book that's a darned good profit level ................ I own and run my on-line travel business and a 3% profit ain't that bad as I keep telling the guys who moan incessantly about profitability .....  Thomas Cook, a 150 year old UK business just turning in a £1.46 billion loss  ................  TUI really up the swanny and Easyjet and Ryanair ( don't we love 'em ) always moaning about disastrous happenings affecting them.

State run airlines do best worldwide even though they often make big big losses .....  their owners, the State take all that monster airline ticket taxation ..  up to £515 equiv. on a long haul flight for instance.

Insurance companies at 3%, wowee, bring out the champagne, oh, excuse me, they do that for sure .........  I previously sold a house to the retiring chairman of a Lloyds insce company ......  his 6th house and it sure wasn't a cheapy, on the sea front and golf course ......... insurance companies really don't deserve our sympathy 

Rant over :yahoo:

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

well in my book that's a darned good profit level ................ I own and run my on-line travel business and a 3% profit ain't that bad as I keep telling the guys who moan incessantly about profitability .....  Thomas Cook, a 150 year old UK business just turning in a £1.46 billion loss  ................  TUI really up the swanny and Easyjet and Ryanair ( don't we love 'em ) always moaning about disastrous happenings affecting them.

State run airlines do best worldwide even though they often make big big losses .....  their owners, the State take all that monster airline ticket taxation ..  up to £515 equiv. on a long haul flight for instance.

Insurance companies at 3%, wowee, bring out the champagne, oh, excuse me, they do that for sure .........  I previously sold a house to the retiring chairman of a Lloyds insce company ......  his 6th house and it sure wasn't a cheapy, on the sea front and golf course ......... insurance companies really don't deserve our sympathy 

Rant over :yahoo:

Malc

Whatever happened to this theen?

uberrimae fidei

When I WAS STUDYING FOR ONE OF MY NATIONAL CERTIFICATES IN BUSINESS STUDIES IN 1963, THIS WAS THE CARDINAL PRINCIPLE UNDER WHICH INSURANCE CONTRACTS WERE CONDUCTED.

My, how times change! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Northern isf said:

No court summons as of yet but it will be messing my credit rating up I'm guessing

It won't be doing anything of the sort. Don't worry. 

One thing for sure is your innocent until proven guilty, they cannot enter anything on a credit reference file without it being proven! Any miss information entered has to be removed immediately......there is the massive inconvenience of getting it sorted though, that unfortunately is priceless......unfortunately it’s you that will have to do the footwork on this one,

good luck with it 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Insurance companies at 3%, wowee, bring out the champagne, oh, excuse me, they do that for sure .........  I previously sold a house to the retiring chairman of a Lloyds

How much commission did you get on that?  Was it made of glass?  And did you throw stones at it?

Asking for a friend 😉

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Why are you not taking professional advice?.

The views of us members are a poor.  substitute.

Because good professional advise = £ and before that I'm asking about to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation the benefits of forums☺

1 hour ago, Northern isf said:

Because good professional advise = £ and before that I'm asking about to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation the benefits of forums☺

Not a view to which I subscribe, but good luck anyway.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear about the the issues that you are having with ourselves. I'd be more than happy to take a look into this tomorrow when I'm back in the office to see if we can shed some light on what exactly has been going on.

Regards.

Dan.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear about the the issues that you are having with ourselves. I'd be more than happy to take a look into this tomorrow when I'm back in the office to see if we can shed some light on what exactly has been going on.

Regards.

Dan.

Ok that'll be great, I've already sent a few emails off and I'm waiting on a reply,

I thought I'd resolved it in January but instead it seems a new debt collection agency has been given the job. I disputed the claim because the simple fact is I've not been involved in any accident. 

On 5/29/2019 at 9:20 PM, Northern isf said:

so my question is what would you do? 

What would I do.... obviously sue every drop of life out of them... just purely on principal - insurance is total and open fraud and how they dear to even contact you! If they would send me SMS wishing happy birthday I would sue them, never-mind something negative.... Ohhh boy!

Definitely sue!

Few pointers...

1. get them to provide all the data they hold about you using GDPR. All of them  - Adrian ...., all debt collectors etc. They have 30 days to comply or could face fines up to £20millions or fines up to 18% of their turnover whichever is greater. Be sure they comply... done it times and times again and they always comply. It costs them great deal of money because information they have to provide is extensive and missing one piece can land them multi-million fines.

2. when you get all the data they hold about you.. surely there going to be mistakes.. plenty of them. I have seen data DRP and O2 has about me and it is horrible quality. It opens so much questions that you can make 10 valid legal cases only on the data they hold. So use the data they hold about you against them. You next point of all is Financial Ombudsman, make complaint to them and ask for apologies, compensations, legal costs, official explanation etc. Basically, everything they need to do to put it right and above for... the very reason why you getting these debt collectors is because Adrian .... had messed-up big time. Only for this mismanagement of data they could easily land thousands of £ fines.

3. the compensations from Ombudsman usually are very low. I got few letters with apologies, from O2 I got £30 compensation, from DRP I got £280 fine cancelled + apology + £25 compensation (for stationary... believe it or not), from LBG I got nearly £400 compensation, because of poor handling of my account when TSB split out (but that was before GDPR kicked)... anyway you got the point - peanuts. BUT it makes very straight private case. So when you get favourable Ombudsman decision I would advise on suing directly with large but reasonable compensation claim... say £20,000... they never going to pay more than half so ask bit more than you think it is right. Obviously, if you sue them for a million you will likely to get nothing at all.

... further:

if they do not provide your data or you feel it is incomplete sue them... 

if they missed the deadline by a second sue them..

tried to pull some exception out of the back side sue them (Information Commissioner first for good measure).. 

sue all the debt collector who ever dears to contact you with this case and ask all of them to show all the data they have about you..

I have sued O2 for £12 bill and won, I have sued DRP for parking on private land charge (which was actually valid) and won... now I am on the case of eSure for unclear T&C and they are in progress of turning-up my data in 17 days... 

sue sue sue those .......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

How much commission did you get on that?

it was my own house, we decided to downsize from a 6 bed Arts and Crafts house to a smaller house deep into the country, up a track, next the woods ..... blissful to be sure

Malc

11 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Because good professional advise = £ and before that

think about what existing insce cover you might actually have to meet such costs ?  if you're a member of the FSB maybe, just maybe, they might give you some free professional advice, maybe your existing home cover might do so too 

just a thought

Malc

13 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Are you sure I've had debt collection letters?

They're just letters. Same situation as parking on private land and some parking firm chases you. Nothing gets serious until after you've been to court and a judge rules against you. The letters like to mention your credit history and bailiffs but it's just scare tactics.

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Why are you not taking professional advice?.

The views of us members are a poor.  substitute.

Specific advice above notwithstanding, I agree.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

They're just letters. Same situation as parking on private land and some parking firm chases you. Nothing gets serious until after you've been to court and a judge rules against you. The letters like to mention your credit history and bailiffs but it's just scare tactics.

Specific advice above notwithstanding, I agree.

That's the kind of advise I was looking for !

12 hours ago, Linas.P said:

if they do not provide your data or you feel it is incomplete sue them... 

if they missed the deadline by a second sue them

I've asked this twice through emails already and got nothing back just asking me to telephone them about it, I don't do phonecalls for matters like this emails only so I have my own records, I'm not bothered about claiming I just want it over and done with its really annoying to wake up to threatening letters for something I haven't done for that to stop I'll be happy enough. Thanks though some good tips there.

FWIW I'm currently insured through AF and have used them in the past on previous cars. I had one not-at-fault accident while insured with them and I would not rate their handling of the process. The claims are handled by a completely separate business entity with very little awareness of the original insurance terms. As an example I had breakdown cover on my policy through them and after having an accident that wrote the car off they wanted to charge me £50 to recover the car even though the breakdown service I had through them could easily have done it. In the stress of the moment I couldn't be bothered to argue and just paid it, which I've no doubt they count on, but it stuck in my mind and coloured my perception of them. I think they're great if you don't ever claim - great prices, easy to deal with etc but I wouldn't want to have to go through another claim with them. That said such events are likely just as painful with most other insurance providers.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

. In the stress of the moment I couldn't be bothered to argue and just paid it

Very true ive been in similar situations much easier than email tennis and countless phonecalls to resolve something, however this is a bit too much for me to just pay and be done with plus I don't want the marker on my insurance which is the most important factor in all this.

4 hours ago, m4rkw said:

are likely just as painful with most other insurance providers

well maybe not so.  A few years ago ( 8 actually )  my Mk2 Ls400 was vandalised to write-off status and SAGA were absolutely brilliant on paying out .............  paid, after much arguing the toss as one does,  over the odds enabling me to buy my present Mk3 and pocket the £500 cash difference.

I hear the NFU are similar in considerations too 

But doubtless the premiums are a little higher I guess.

Malc

8 hours ago, Northern isf said:

I've asked this twice through emails already and got nothing back just asking me to telephone them about it, I don't do phonecalls for matters like this emails only so I have my own records, I'm not bothered about claiming I just want it over and done with its really annoying to wake up to threatening letters for something I haven't done for that to stop I'll be happy enough. Thanks though some good tips there.

That is correct - never agree to talk about it over the phone, because they either going to try to scare you or delay your action. Always have it in writing.

They do not have any right to refuse your request - put it in the e-mail and note that "this is formal request - you have 4 weeks to respond or I will take legal action" and you will get something like this:

image.thumb.png.9729fa1721cda8d16aa6e9bef93bd391.png

If they do not respond after 4 weeks, or respond saying whatever nonsense then go for Information Commissioner https://ico.org.uk/

I personally don't go for massive compensation, just rough them-up purely for principle and in case like your to get rid of them. 

As mentioned by @rich1068 - those letter are literally just a letters, you should not be bothered until you get summons to court. You should not ignore summons to court, but at the same time in situation like that the court is exactly what you want - get evidence prepared e.g. when you cancelled the policy and when you got the new policy etc. And they will lose the case + will cover your expenses. That is even better than wasting you money taking them to court.

More generally, just to explain you what is going on with your debt and where you stand..

So Adrian Flux incorrectly charged you which has created a debt, as you haven't paid they have sold your debt to Debt Collectors - that is common practice which annoys me. Basically, companies often does that by mistake like in your case and it is effectively you data breach - they share to third party it without valid reason.

Then you get letter from debt collector... always very intimidating, but never really meaning anything. The thing is - Debt collector needs to take you to the court privately which costs a lot of money (~£1000 to start with), so if you debt is less than that the most you get is just abuse by the letters. They send few and if there are no response the sold your information on to another Debt Collector company at discounted rate. I once had letter from like 6th different collector to pay £6 out of my £60 parking charge, he probably picked up my info for £1. Basically, that is why there are periods when they drop you letter every other day and then go quiet for a month.

If you debt above or close to £1000, they could actually take you to the court... which is great (especially in your case), but even in cases where you have debt it is usually hard to prove in court, so most of the cases are settled "out of court" at discounted rate. Most important not to miss or ignore the summons because when bush court makes whatever misinformed decisions you get a lot of very nasty people on your back and it is very difficult and expensive to put the judgement aside. 

Now with Adrian Flux you kind of too late to complain to Financial Ombudsman (3 months), but there is workaround - because you recently received new demand from debt collectors it could be considered as new case. What you need to do is to e-mail formal complaint to Adrian Flux, just do no quote previous case - make complaint about current situation. They have 30 days to reply with final response i.e. make it right for you or reply with what is called "final written answer". They should as well advise you to go to Ombudsman, because if they don't that is breach in itself. When you have "final written answer", then you start the case with Ombudsman.

As already mentioned in mean time get all the copies of all your data from everyone as it could massively help your case. These above are all free things - no need to spend any money for lawyers unless you want.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links