Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not much else I could add... 

This time around I have already made a request for them to get my data prepared, but additionally I wrote complaint to CPM (the original company which issues charge incorrectly). My next step is to go to Information Commissioner and ask for them to intervene. This is now 4th time my data privacy is being breached without legitimate reason and sold on... I don't even know if they selling it in some sort of private circle on perhaps on open market. If this continues I would not be surprise to find all my details posted in corner shop adverts one day.

And this is just one of many many cases... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Not much else I could add... 

This time around I have already made a request for them to get my data prepared, but additionally I wrote complaint to CPM (the original company which issues charge incorrectly). My next step is to go to Information Commissioner and ask for them to intervene. This is now 4th time my data privacy is being breached without legitimate reason and sold on... I don't even know if they selling it in some sort of private circle on perhaps on open market. If this continues I would not be surprise to find all my details posted in corner shop adverts one day.

And this is just one of many many cases... 

That's a lot of your time down the pan I hope they reimburse you for it, Imagine the people doing this work for a living I couldn't think of a worse job to do well i could obviously but that ranks right down there to me at least.

with this tale of sublime ridiculousness and seeming illegality by Adrian Flux now having spread your private data to who knows where, it's a good job that the Commissioner is taking robust and quite punitive action against these miscreants.

As I said earlier, they are making big big examples of what was before trivial bad actions and there are some £'00,000s of fines being bandied about and I would think quite some in the pipeline.

The error of the miscreants ways is quite plain to see, easily evidenced in court and punishable with huge fines  .......  and where directors might have before hidden behind corporate ultimate  insolvency when the fines hit, the time might have already approached where personal liability for known criminality ( is it criminal yet ? )  by their company will reflect on their own personal solvency and ultimate bankruptcy.

GDPR might have it's faults but it is now being taken seriously .............. and about time too where breaches can so dreadfully impact upon the lives of the innocent 

Malc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malc said:

and where directors might have before hidden behind corporate ultimate  insolvency when the fines hit, the time might have already approached where personal liability for known criminality ( is it criminal yet ? )  by their company will reflect on their own personal solvency and ultimate bankruptcy.

Senior managers (directors) could be held liable under senior manager regime, however GDPR data breach is not considered criminal. That is unless proven they have deliberately leaked data (not by negligence) and probably as well that caused impact to data subject which could be considered criminal damage.

Example of that would be - one incorrectly leaks your debt, debt collectors sues you in high court (which is illegal in itself, but common), HCEO comes and brakes into your house and takes possession of your goods. In this case because initial debt was erroneous all other steps following are illegal and braking into somebodies house/taking possession of the goods is criminal damage.

This is kind of ultimate scenario and would be quite difficult to undo the damage caused by fraudsters HCEO - in this case it woudl require counter suing, not merely complaining. Although depending on the impact, negligence can be criminal as well... but it is long shot (remember Grenfell tower - still no criminal liability!).

In summary liability can be transferred to senior managers, but for GDPR it is very unlikely for it to become criminal.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really they've confirmed I didn't have a policy with them at the time of the alleged incident then wanted proof I sold the vehicle which I've provided, then this morning was contacted by debt collectors again so I'm really frustrated now its beyond a joke. my renewals coming up next month and I know this is going to effect it I just don't know how much more evidence they need.

Sketch_20190617_190332.jpg

• Like 1

Whatever has or hasnt gone on it doesn't put Adrian Flux in a good light. Presumably, you can send them a copy of any letter as evidence of sale which should then put this whole sorry story to bed and hopefully a large apology from AF and you and your family can breathe again and start living your lives once again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Whatever has or hasnt gone on it doesn't put Adrian Flux in a good light. Presumably, you can send them a copy of any letter as evidence of sale which should then put this whole sorry story to bed and hopefully a large apology from AF and you and your family can breathe again and start living your lives once again.

I've sent them a sales invoice filled out by the person who bought the car like they asked but I've had another email back which really doesn't make sense to me at all.Sketch_20190617_222821.thumb.jpg.bcef872284d427a99dba267ae4f550ca.jpg

• Like 1

That’s pretty disgusting (but not surprising) that for such a complaint they sign off with a generic signature.

It may well be half the problem, that no single person is owning and reviewing the complaint. 

I would love to standup in court against such an incompetent organisation.

i’m guessing the resident Adrian Flux forum troll was  it much use? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Martin F said:

That’s pretty disgusting (but not surprising) that for such a complaint they sign off with a generic signature.

It may well be half the problem, that no single person is owning and reviewing the complaint. 

I would love to standup in court against such an incompetent organisation.

i’m guessing the resident Adrian Flux forum troll was  it much use? 

No he hasn't done anything, all their interested in is taking your money not helping out but it's hardly helping out when I've presented them with everything they've requested I just don't see what the issue is, it's really really grating on me now Ive requested a face to face meeting to sort it out as emailing is getting nowhere and I simply haven't got the patience for phone calls to argue over something I'm innocent in.

As an aside, what is the relationship between this Forum and Adrian Flux? (See the "Insurance" button at the top of this page)

Are they some kind of sponsor?

Adrian Flux are a disgusting company in my experience.

To be perfectly honest, I don't even know why Lexus Owners Club allow them to be on here. Maybe they should set up something with Chris Knott instead

Thank you for posting this. 

I am in the process of procuring our next year's worth of insurance on the Lexus and Adrian Flux were actually strongly in the running (read: cheapest).

However, today they tried high-pressure sales ("We can't hold this price for you, it's only guaranteed until the end of this call") which deterred me somewhat. Then I read this thread. 

@DAN@ADRIAN FLUX You can take this to whomever - you're losing business because of this kind of behaviour as we will now definitely not be using you. 

• Like 3

Hi there,

I can't comment on this particular case in an open forum for obvious reasons but I can see that it's ongoing and we're doing our best to provide a resolution as the broker for the client.

In terms of our presence on the forum, we've been able to offer members of the Lexus Owners Club discounted insurance policies for many years now and the experience for the majority of members has been very positive. There are of course occasions with any insurer/broker where we're unable to offer a competitive price or where things unfortunately don''t go to plan but we'll always do our absolute best to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as possible. 

11 hours ago, i-s said:

However, today they tried high-pressure sales ("We can't hold this price for you, it's only guaranteed until the end of this call") which deterred me somewhat. Then I read this thread. 

I-S, unfortunately as we are a broker rather than an insurance company, we just don't have the facility to 'hold' prices, therefore it's honesty rather than pressure sales - imagine the hassle we'd have if we advised that prices would be held/guaranteed and then a customer called back a week later after buying a car to be told the price is no longer available. That's all there is to it I'm afraid!

Again, I am genuinely sorry to hear of this particular case on the forum - we have hundreds of thousands of happy customers and it's a real shame to see things haven't gone smoothly for Northern ISF. I'll keep an eye on this and see if there's anything else I can do to speed up a resolution. 

Kind regards,

Dan.

4 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

but we'll always do our absolute best to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as possible. 

So in the vain of honesty, that you mention, do you really think your company has done their ‘absolute best’ to resolve Northern ISF’s issue as expediently as possible?

@Northern isf - my humble opinion looking into both responses:

1. has everything you need and that is pretty much end of story. AF confirmed you did not have policy with them, no policy means no contractual agreement and not contractual agreement means they cannot demand anything from you, including but not limited to any claims, debts etc. In theory that should be enough to get rid of debt collector or to prove innocence in court. Later is better for.. reasons. If you send this over to debt collects they simply going to sell this on and 3 month later you going to get welcome letter from another scum farm. If you let debt collectors to pursue this in court and get the court to stab them in the ***, then it is most likely going to be sorted for good.I mean they can still try to sell it on, but by the time you have bulletproof case ready to go for supreme court.

Part 2 of the e-mail is BS. They have no business asking who owned the car (it is irrelevant) - what is important they didn't have contract with you (and you with them) to cover it. If they paid out that is though luck for them, because anything coming out of it is not of your problem. It is like saying - "yes we do not have contract with you to build house extension on your neighbours house, but we still built it and he didn't pay - now prove that you neighbour house is not yours".

2. it makes no sense for me... In the first e-mail they already confirmed there is no relationship between them and yourself. What they did, or didn't do is irrelevant by now. The debt their pursuing can only arise from contractual agreement, you don't have one in place - means any debt which arose from whatever error is not your problem. If they lost money by mistake.. they have to write it off or pursue correct debtor.

3-ish... this story should not impact and must not impact your renewal. If it does, then this would count as a "material damage" and could be pursued in court.

My next step here would be to reply to second e-mail stating following... (I will PM as we kind of have a leak here). No disrespect for Dan and I appreciate people advertising product and ones supporting customers, or even enforcing debts could be separate teams in separate cities or even countries, but there is no point to openly strategise here with full view of opponent. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi there,

I can't comment on this particular case in an open forum for obvious reasons but I can see that it's ongoing and we're doing our best to provide a resolution as the broker for the client.

In terms of our presence on the forum, we've been able to offer members of the Lexus Owners Club discounted insurance policies for many years now and the experience for the majority of members has been very positive. There are of course occasions with any insurer/broker where we're unable to offer a competitive price or where things unfortunately don''t go to plan but we'll always do our absolute best to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as possible. 

I-S, unfortunately as we are a broker rather than an insurance company, we just don't have the facility to 'hold' prices, therefore it's honesty rather than pressure sales - imagine the hassle we'd have if we advised that prices would be held/guaranteed and then a customer called back a week later after buying a car to be told the price is no longer available. That's all there is to it I'm afraid!

Again, I am genuinely sorry to hear of this particular case on the forum - we have hundreds of thousands of happy customers and it's a real shame to see things haven't gone smoothly for Northern ISF. I'll keep an eye on this and see if there's anything else I can do to speed up a resolution. 

Kind regards,

Dan.

Thats pretty shoddy that you can't hold prices.

Other brokers can do it - for a whole 30 days in fact. Why cant you? 

How do A.Flux handle renewals then?

I must admit gone is the courtesy of 28day renewal prics and it’s pushed to less than 14days to try give you less time to shop around.

I moved away from A.Flux a few years back because they always had a magic wand that reduces the premium every time I got a cheaper quote.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Spunkmeyer said:

I must admit gone is the courtesy of 28day renewal prics and it’s pushed to less than 14days to try give you less time to shop around.

I moved away from A.Flux a few years back because they always had a magic wand that reduces the premium every time I got a cheaper quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would never renew with any company that is prepared to lower there price once I inform them if that I can get it cheaper elsewhere. If they can't repect my 'loyalty' then I can't respect, or trust, them!

AF certainly aren't the worse in that respect but like you I don't use think of a number companies anymore either. Local independent broker for me. 

18 hours ago, Spunkmeyer said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

A renewal premium is calculated on the existing premium not a brand new policy so therefore will not change unless the customer changes their details whereas a new policy is based on the premium offered by the insurer on the day, all insurers have rate changes so we can only offer what the underwriter offers us at that specific moment in time. This isn't just a Flux policy, it will be the same for many brokers.

The reason a renewal price may be able to reduced if a client finds a cheaper price is due to the fact we're a broker and can go back to the underwriter directly, who may on referral offer a reduced price to compete. 

Hope that helps

Regards,

Dan.