Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Facelift is coming...

CNET: 2020 Lexus RX gets apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with a host of updates.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2020-lexus-rx-apple-carplay-android-auto-updates/#ftag=CAD0610abe0f

Motor1.com: 2020 Lexus RX And RXL Break Cover With Facelift And Improved Tech.

https://www.motor1.com/news/351894/2020-lexus-rx-unveiled/amp/

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 8:33 AM, Connoisseur said:

Good, will Android Auto and Car Play be incorporated in UK new spec models?

Possibly but cant be certain. 

34 minutes ago, jumpingjehovahs said:

Lexus UK put a tweet out yesterday which suggests it will.

70ab69c1cbc49c906cf030af22366981.jpg

e86afab3cdaec2d03a86774330284395.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generic pictures. Note the LHD vehicle. Doesn't suggest anything right now until full specs are revealed. 

I doubt Lexus UK are daft enough to publish such obvious Car Play included images without full knowledge. They, and Dealers must have been getting sooo much grief about the lack of apple and Android compatibility so surely they wouldn’t wind up customers even more......

Mind you, given what Polestar, Jaguar, Audi et al are now doing with ev launches, Android and Car Play could soon be the least of Lexus worries, with luxury ev cars slowly but surely becoming mainstream for companies and individuals? But I guess that’s a discussion for another day eh😉

As always if you go to the bottom of the page on the Lexus GB blog on the new RX - it says full specification is still to be announced

Unfortunately that does mean carplay and Android auto may not make it

Similiar to how the active stabilisers didn't make it to the UK for the 4th gen RX

On 6/1/2019 at 12:07 PM, rayaans said:

As always if you go to the bottom of the page on the Lexus GB blog on the new RX - it says full specification is still to be announced

Unfortunately that does mean carplay and Android auto may not make it

Similiar to how the active stabilisers didn't make it to the UK for the 4th gen RX

Just to add - the press video says "Android Auto and apple carplay availability may differ depending on market etc"

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed Lexus yesterday (via the Lexus.co.uk website), asking whether apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be fitted to new cars, and whether they will be retrofitted to existing, compatible models, and I received the following response within a couple of hours:

"Thank you for your email regarding the availability of apple Carplay in the current Lexus model range. 

Lexus GB have been working on adding this to the current model ranges however at this time we don't currently have an exact date as to when this will be applied but it is a matter of importance high on Lexus's agenda going forward. 

Once a date of availability has been confirmed we will of course provide information to our customers advising on when both operating systems will be implemented and also if this will be available as a retroactive update to current vehicles as again we haven't got any dates from Lexus Japan. 

I apologise that I cannot confirm an exact date in this email but I would suggest keeping an eye on both the Lexus website and official blog and also maintaining contact with your Lexus Centre."