Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mirrorlink

TimKirk

I have just purchased a 2019 CT200h with standard 7" display unit. Can anyone tell me how to activate the Mirrorlink function? It appears on the Info screen menu but is greyed out. Any ideas?

Yes I have and switched off the Bluetooth but to no avail.

I do wonder if my particular model variant has Mirrorlink or does it just work with the Tech pack which has upgraded Nav and display?

I have discovered that my Moto 4+ does not support Mirrorlink.

I have also purchased an Android auto gizmo on eBay but I then disco that Lexus are one of the manufacturers that does not provide an upgrade/link for it.

It looks like I will not be able to project my mobile phone screen to the car 7inch screen. Rather disappointing. I don't want to upgrade the head unit on a new car, I would have thought that Lexus would have kept their IT/infotainment up to date. 

I have managed to link Android Auto via Bluetooth to get music, phone and Google maps voice directions through the Lexus head unit. I suppose I will have to settle for this.

• 1 month later...

I've currently got a Samsung Note 4 which is also greyed out in the mirrorlink options.  Lexus chester couldn't advise which phone to have to connect.  

I'm currently thinking of upgrading my note 4 to another samsung.  Any recommendations to which ones should work, as the tables for compatibility in the lexus guide don't mention mirrorlink.

• 1 month later...

Likewise, bought a 2015 F Sport last week in Glasgow and the Mirrorlink / USB1 / USB2 options remain greyed out. Can't for the life of me figure out what's going on. i've a Galaxy S9 that actually starts to change into a landscape tablet mode and the screen goes black, but getting no response from the car side of things - until I plug out the phone again. Really wish had this working as it'd be a nice touch.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Woody66 said:

Does the mirror link work with an iphone, and if it does some guidance on how to do this would be great.

No, Iphone doesn't support MirrorLink. The Lexus system supports iPod controls so you get audio control of your Iphone but you cannot mirror the screen.

• 3 years later...