Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF How many keys/keyless fobs? Don't want to be fobbed off!

So a few weeks back I decided to go for a late ISF (like many otheres recently I've noted) and on a thread discussing the red/brown one that reappeared on Autotrader d3ron gave me some advice  "Make sure whatever you do, you don't pay over the odds. Some of the later isf's for sale are dangerously close to rcf prices".  So I followed his advice and last night put down a deposit on this pretty blue RCF.  I am sure I will be coming back to this forum with lots of questions in the coming weeks, but to start with....The current owner who has had the car since it was a demonstrator was using what he described as a master key and the keyless fob thing.  I asked if that was all he had and he promised to check.  So how many keys and of what type should I be getting?  I would be very grateful for any quick replies before I collect the car on Wednesday next week, the 5th June.  Thank you.

Oh and question number 2.  How do I bring the shine back to those four chrome exhaust tips?

Thanks in advance for any help .

rcf IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_6521.JPG

• Like 1

2 key fobs and a credit card fob (pic only shows 1 fob as my spare one in safe at home)

credit card fob is always in my wallet and other fob in my pocket

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 7:43 AM, Legendliving said:

So a few weeks back I decided to go for a late ISF (like many otheres recently I've noted) and on a thread discussing the red/brown one that reappeared on Autotrader d3ron gave me some advice  "Make sure whatever you do, you don't pay over the odds. Some of the later isf's for sale are dangerously close to rcf prices".  So I followed his advice and last night put down a deposit on this pretty blue RCF.  I am sure I will be coming back to this forum with lots of questions in the coming weeks, but to start with....The current owner who has had the car since it was a demonstrator was using what he described as a master key and the keyless fob thing.  I asked if that was all he had and he promised to check.  So how many keys and of what type should I be getting?  I would be very grateful for any quick replies before I collect the car on Wednesday next week, the 5th June.  Thank you.

Oh and question number 2.  How do I bring the shine back to those four chrome exhaust tips?

Thanks in advance for any help .

rcf IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_6521.JPG

You can gently tap the exhaust tips off, I gave mine a hand wash with regular car soap, then used big and tar remover, for some very small areas I had to wet sand (but very high number), then a chrome/ metal polish and then a protector. Took me an evening to do it 😁

Thanks that sounds the way to go. I’ll first see what I can achieve with them on the car though. I’d be worried about loosening them and then losing one. Prefer a less than perfect result to a three tip look!

As he said - wash with plenty of water and detergent (you can use washing-up liquid for this - it strips off waxes, tars, etc (the stripping of wax is why it's not recommended for regular car washing - in this case you're trying to do a deeper decontamination and you want something that will strip this all off)). Then apply tar remover and let it soak in, that should dissolve a lot of whats on there. Then polish with a metal polish - autosol is the go-to product. Once you've done that and got them nice and shiny then apply a coat of a hard wax, Collinite 476 is ideal. This should reduce the tendency for things to stick to it in future. 

This is one of the exhaust tips from my diesel volvo at 8 years old and 84k miles (although you can see from the inside of the pipe that the DPF on that car worked!):

shinytip.thumb.JPG.a6fa7fc9ddabd7ca0a1f46268d6fca38.JPG