Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Android Bluetooth handsfree kit

Hi all I am new to this forum

I have just inherited a 2004 rx300 se-l with only 40000 miles on with full lexus service history

My question is how is easy is it to install a Android Bluetooth handsfree kit to the mark levinson stereo what do I need and how easy is it for a competent person to install and what's the cost????

I would like to keep all the original features like stereo satnav and steering

wheel controls

I'm in the UK if that makes any difference

Many thanks

Paul

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your RX.....great car. A couple of links below to the Vaistech product which will do Bluetooth, iPod and much more (including dealing with that pesky sat nav safety message which pops up on your screen every time). The SLQ3 is plug and play with your car so all original features are retained. Not cheapest but imho  very much the best - they do ship to the UK and have a really helpful helpline. Alternative is to search for Grom products.

hth

Michael

https://www.vaistech.com/download/11402/

https://www.vaistech.com/download/11349/

• Like 1

ps, installation of the Vais stuff is easy, so no need to pay for it to be done if you are handy with a spanner and screwdriver. Sort out what you want and then let us know. Plenty of tutorials around, and sound advice from members on here. Could you post up a picture of your nav/radio set up so we have the specifics of your car?

Hi Sorry to latch onto this thread but looking at the Vais website it looks like something I want for my 2007 RX350.  My question is that I'm in the UK so if I went for the SL3Sat-L w/ Tuner Kit does that mean I can get Digital radio channels like BBC Radio 6.

Also does anyone have this set up and if so how does it compare with the Grom units

8 hours ago, shivadread said:

Hi Sorry to latch onto this thread but looking at the Vais website it looks like something I want for my 2007 RX350.  My question is that I'm in the UK so if I went for the SL3Sat-L w/ Tuner Kit does that mean I can get Digital radio channels like BBC Radio 6.

Also does anyone have this set up and if so how does it compare with the Grom units

The Vais SL3 sat is the USA Sirius satellite radio set up, so not UK spec and afaik will not work in the UK (on the Vais webpage the explanation makes clear that the set up is USA Sirius specific requiring Sirius coding to get the system up and running). Also the ICE set up in your UK 07 RX350 is v different from the USA car, so to summarise afaik the answer to your question is no.

I put digital radio into my RX350 via an Alpine EZI DAB. Quality kit! 

hth

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Connoisseur what made you choose the Alpine over the Pure version?

The Alpine comes with a v clear fitting and aerial guide book, and full details whichever  transmission option is chosen, and is just a great piece of well made kit. I’ve used the same kit and set up 5 years in two different Lexus (GS and RX) with great reception, and easy to take out and transfer to the next car. Also the original Alpine is imho better than the later Pure iterations, and is still available new via eBay. What more could a DAB fan want? 🙂

hth

Ah OK . Thanks m8y. I've seen one of those Alpine units fitted to a GS450h I looked at. I'll put that in my to do list on my near future purchase. 

On 6/5/2019 at 8:07 PM, shivadread said:

I have the Grom unit without DAB in RX400h. USB only, was working perfectly before Android Pie. Google stopped support of AoA2 in Pie release and since upgrade has stopped working via USB. So make sure get the Bluetooth dongle if getting Grom unit.

2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Ah OK . Thanks m8y. I've seen one of those Alpine units fitted to a GS450h I looked at. I'll put that in my to do list on my near future purchase. 

I fitted mine first to my then 2009 GS450h so any help or questions  just ask