Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2009/2010 450h Buying Advice

Hi

Looking at some 2009/10 RX 450h's. Apart from the air suspension (in the se-L) models, any tips on what else should i be looking out for?

The models closest to me all seem to be SE-L's, so looks like i cant avoid the air suspension. Any users on here got any horror stories with theirs???

Lastly, did anyone buy a warranty for theirs from a 3rd party?

thanks

I have a 2010 SE-L Premier, with just shy of 100,000 miles. The air-suspension has proved unproblematic in the short time I’ve owned it (12 months, 20,000 miles) and in its history according to the My Lexus app.

The comfort, luxurious, speed and sheer convenience make it a handy companion. However, I do find tight car parks a royal pain in the *****.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jumpingjehovahs said:

I have a 2010 SE-L Premier, with just shy of 100,000 miles. The air-suspension has proved unproblematic in the short time I’ve owned it (12 months, 20,000 miles) and in its history according to the My Lexus app.

The comfort, luxurious, speed and sheer convenience make it a handy companion. However, I do find tight car parks a royal pain in the *****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey

good to hear! You had any other (costly) issues with it?

No issues, just maintenance. 2 front tyres and just had to get brake pads and discs alongside a service so it cost over £800. But full Lexus history is worth it long term, especially with the hybrid health check extending the Battery warranty.

Sadly it has suffered war wounds because of it’s sheer size, one at my hands and 2 in car parks but they’re being sorted by Lexus SMART insurance.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have a 2010 SE-L Premier without air suspension. It has active stabilisers instead and they're brilliant, as is the whole car. Air-free SE-Ls do exist but they're quite rare. 😉

Mine is still under Lexus warranty and I think it's definitely worth the small premium over a 3rd party one. 

On 6/1/2019 at 8:58 PM, RXboii_786 said:

Hi

Looking at some 2009/10 RX 450h's. Apart from the air suspension (in the se-L) models, any tips on what else should i be looking out for?

The models closest to me all seem to be SE-L's, so looks like i cant avoid the air suspension. Any users on here got any horror stories with theirs???

Lastly, did anyone buy a warranty for theirs from a 3rd party?

thanks

I do not think that there is a 3rd Party Warranty available that will include cover for the Hybrid Battery.

Better to use the Lexus Extended Warranty or have the Annual Hybrid Health check.

• Like 1

Hi, as I'm in the the same league looking for this shape RX, I found it ever so difficult to find a premier at a cost which I didn't want to part with. Today morning I managed to secure a deposit on a used approved one in NI, so looking forwards to pickup on Sat and guess what.. I was going through the video and pictures and it don't have air Suspension 😝

• Like 3

Lovely drive home.. picked her up from Lexus dealers in Belfast on Sat. Its a SE-L 2009 (09) but has the full Premier kit with the Style bumper pack. I called Lexus in Birmingham (parts) and they said it shows as a Premier 🤔

Its done 93k
*Heads up display
*Mark Levinson sound
* rear camera 
*side camera
*sunroof 
*memory seats
*adaptive cruise control
*adaptive Xenon headlights 
*electrical boot 
* premier wood steering and trims
*cool seats
*heated seats
*folding mirrors
*DAB

Is there anything else that comes on the PREMIER that i don't have?

After viewing a few i realised Lexus use a very soft leather in the RX which crack very easy and it was hard to find one which held up well, even some with 60-70k looked bad. Mine however for 93k are in very good condition and i can't complain for getting it under £13k with the spec and 12 months Lexus warranty. 

Screenshot_20190604-224648_Auto Trader.jpg

Thats great bit of info thanks Herbie. Mine i take it is a PREMIER then with all the bits.. don't know what it says SE-L #confussed.

Weather is crap her in Midlands.. been raining since i got it. Once it clears up i will take some pics.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, thought I'd add some pictures on for you all as requested. I added a few extras:

New rubber boot mat, brand new Lexus roof bars and Heko wind deflectors. All of these added makes a big difference to the car as it stands.

Disappointing thing is i might have to sell it because the Mrs can't get used to it 😫

20190621_235632.jpg

20190621_235802.jpg

20190621_235931.jpg

• Like 3

Lovely looking motor.

My wife took to ours straight away saying that she felt safer and the best view of any car we've had. What's your wife having trouble with?

She like to have a overview of the front end of the car, we had the same issue with the BMW f10.. she didn't like using a cushion 😂. She has only driven it once so far. . .so once she starts to drive it a little more, time will tell... positives are that she like the looks and pearl colour, she also likes the height of the car and also said she feels alot safer too.

IF. . . i did sell it i know i'll make money and not lose out.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 9:19 AM, Ace8800 said:

She like to have a overview of the front end of the car, we had the same issue with the BMW f10.. she didn't like using a cushion 😂. She has only driven it once so far. . .so once she starts to drive it a little more, time will tell... positives are that she like the looks and pearl colour, she also likes the height of the car and also said she feels alot safer too.

IF. . . i did sell it i know i'll make money and not lose out.

I`ll wager that you will not find another car that will satisfy her as regards front end view, in which she will feel safe, and which will be as reliable.

• Like 1

I've secured a deposit on a lovely IS300h F Sport i  grey with red leather. Going to pick it up on Sat. I decided to stick with Lexus after trying majority of the german brands. 

We will decided which one we will keep by the weekend and the other one will have to go.. will be a shame selling this beast as it took me a while to find one with the kit and a PREMIER edition (or with the PREMIER extras) and with seats that are in excellent condition. 

This one having no air suspension was a massive bonus...but oh well.. Mrs drives the family car more than me so her approval👈 is more important than mins on this occasion.

I think i need to source my third IS-F... muahahaha..... "errr sorry love put the keys back"