Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How much for a minor accident.

Hi we had a non fault accident a few weeks ago and the person said it was his fault for backing into us. As per the pictures I thought it was around £40 to get a new plinth and number plate. Unfortunately I was incorrect went to lexus and they quoted me £420 for a front bumper grille, number plate and plinth. It’s crazy for how expensive these parts are. The fault driver said he’d pay us £20 but after the quote he was shocked. 

3F753E14-7952-4820-9D6F-7590F72E2896.jpeg

FA7BDF48-00C4-4161-A182-074AA8C36CAE.jpeg

33488264-C86B-4482-9CE1-4AB525928A2F.jpeg

take his £20 / £40 and fix a new plate, that should resolve the issue sensibly and your car will be none the worse for a humane outcome

Malc

• Like 1

To be honest 420 is quite a bargain. Generally speaking, bumper damage works out between 1000-1500.

Those are our companies figures.  We shift cars for a living on Car transporters. Those huge ones that you see wobbling about with 11 cars on, down the motorway.

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the subject of this topic was George Cole as 'Flash Harry' in St. Trinian's saying "£100 - or £300 will get you a major one"  :laughing:

flash-harry.thumb.jpg.05cb1d92f5bfe37b51d50afb0578acec.jpg

19 hours ago, Malc said:

take his £20 / £40 and fix a new plate, that should resolve the issue sensibly and your car will be none the worse for a humane outcome

Malc

Agreed.

I don’t quite understand the “No fault Accident “ bit......I have always been LED to believe that if you are reversing and hit something it is always your fault.

I had a similar incident a year or so ago when a Mercedes reversed into my nearside front bumper, my local body shop did the job for £60.00 and the other driver paid up the cost.

I would get another quote from a local paint shop because as we all know if you had a transmission solenoid fail and took it to Lexus they would quote for a completely new transmission.

Basically I stopped and someone reversed into me, hence it was not my fault. It was just a number plate and plinth damage the grille is fine but just had a tiny scuff. The car runs fine and has extended warranty if anything had failed. At the moment it’s fine. 

On 6/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, holiday said:

Hi we had a non fault accident a few weeks ago and the person said it was his fault for backing into us. As per the pictures I thought it was around £40 to get a new plinth and number plate. Unfortunately I was incorrect went to lexus and they quoted me £420 for a front bumper grille, number plate and plinth. It’s crazy for how expensive these parts are. The fault driver said he’d pay us £20 but after the quote he was shocked. 

3F753E14-7952-4820-9D6F-7590F72E2896.jpeg

FA7BDF48-00C4-4161-A182-074AA8C36CAE.jpeg

33488264-C86B-4482-9CE1-4AB525928A2F.jpeg

That sounds extremely reasonable to be honest. I would have thought in the region of £1000 at least. Looks to me like there is a slight crease in the grill panel. Why wouldn't you want it properly repaired? The extended warranty wouldn't pay for component failure due to collision damage. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys just a quick update, we had the car repaired yesterday at Lexus. They informed us that the scratch on the grill is very minimal and he said just wait until it’s more scratched. I agreed with his idea and just changed the plinth and number plate. Furthermore we agreed on getting the air conditioning refresh completed at £15. So in total it was £181. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links