Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks Malc - heard nothing back from the vendor so for now still enjoying the 400 and if nothing happens between now and the end of October I will get the MOT and service done and get put right a few minor bits that need doing and then potentially look to do what you have done/are doing. I did put a small ding in the rest of the 400 the other day backing into a tight multi story - I knew I had to touch the rest wall just to stop the front from overhanging  - began to think how much more tricky that manoeuvre would gave been in the 600 which did put me into a but if a cold sweat. There are definitely some advantages to running an older vehicle.
Parking a LS600 is a breeze. Sensors all round and a great camera too!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Not in the Lucy Tower Street multi story in Lincoln  it wouldn’t - the 400 will not really fit so a 600 definitely would not.
Fair enough. Always amazed how small some car parks are to be fair. The underground car park on the front in At Leonards on Sea dates back to 1930s and best avoided too. Cars were smaller then!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Nick W858 said:

Not in the Lucy Tower Street multi story in Lincoln  it wouldn’t - the 400 will not really fit so a 600 definitely would not.

You should try the car park spiral road going to different levels at Gatwick airport! The one advantage of course is the amazing turning circle, far better even than most small cars.

1 hour ago, jpjsavage said:

Cars were smaller then!

and I was reading somewhere a year or two back on this very subject that the then Rules for car parking space sizes have never been changed to date and that's why lots are so stupidly small and just to my mind at least. stops people going there ( me anyway ) , foot fall, spending power and all that stuff as detrimental to the retailers that continue to keep parking space sizes in the dark ages.

Malc

On 6/21/2019 at 10:26 AM, Malc said:

and I was reading somewhere a year or two back on this very subject that the then Rules for car parking space sizes have never been changed to date and that's why lots are so stupidly small and just to my mind at least. stops people going there ( me anyway ) , foot fall, spending power and all that stuff as detrimental to the retailers that continue to keep parking space sizes in the dark ages.

Malc

i`ve not been shopping for at least 25 years.

The shops (Sainsbury`s, amazon and E Bay) come to me, come rain,wind,hail,snow or storm.

I do not use petrol, worry about traffic accidents, look for suitable parking places, or worry about who has dinged my car.

Problem solved.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

i`ve not been shopping for at least 25 years.

The shops (Sainsbury`s, Amazon and E Bay) come to me, come rain,wind,hail,snow or storm.

I do not use petrol, worry about traffic accidents, look for suitable parking places, or worry about who has dinged my car.

Problem solved.

Not quite - I’m travelling c2000 miles per month and utilising about 25 different public parking spaces a month and I’m not the only one looking at the volume of traffic and numbers of cars parked up in car parks etc, the size of spaces is an issue albeit a smaller car would help.

• Like 1

Whilst we are talking about size - the other day I drive into morissons car park and there is a brand new GS300H F Sport in Blue - I parked next to it (on purpose lol) and I immediately noticed that it is larger than my 430 - I wasn't expecting that.

2 things I noticed: that the space between tyre and arch is a lot and it appeared to be sitting quite high in my opinion.

secondly the actual sills themselves look unfinished.

I then noticed a mature bloke walk up to it and then we got chatting - apparently he had an S class Mercedes which was costing him too much in repairs and he decided to buy a Lexus - I couldn't believe him when referring to the Lexus he said "they are giving them away at £34000" - wish I had your sort of money I thought to myself.

He then showed me the interior - he hadn't even take off the covering paper off the rear sills and there were scrapes and marks on the front one - what! 

I then sat in the drivers seat briefly - it was a black interior -  was too quick to draw any opinion though.

But I do think modern cars don't have the same personality attached to them like the old ones (mines a 04 430) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

But I do think modern cars don't have the same personality attached to them like the old ones (mines a 04 430) 

hahahahaha, we're just a bit old in the tooth and expect " personality " in cars,                 youth of today ( anyone younger than me I guess )  just want a ' today ' car that can be thrown away in a thrice ...........  £34k, ha, just a mere bauble of cash for some ..................  represents about 34 weeks in a care home maybe :zorro:

Malc

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 10:26 AM, Malc said:

Malc

They must apply the same rules to the garages that come with new houses!

20 hours ago, DanD said:

They must apply the same rules to the garages that come with new houses!

Funny you should say that - we moved into a new build estate a few years ago made by Bellway and not a single house on the estate can get their car into the garage easily and literally almost every one has been converted to a room (while mine is full of junk!)

It all looked good on the plans - every house had a garage and a parking spot but in reality they all had two cars so every frontage over time has converted the front from grass to extra parking. They build them like doll houses.

I'm on the 4th car now since I've lived here - if I managed to squeeze them in the garage I wouldn't be able to get out of the car!

Most houses around here have SUVs as is the current fashion - we got rid of the Volvo XC90 a month back as although it was the best family car I've ever driven it was just hard work finding spaces big enough. It literally picked up three parking dings in the first few weeks I had it although they all stopped right away when I added the metal side steps. They were the best thing I've ever had for stopping people damaging the side of the car.

• Like 2