Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2007 RX350 navigation update

Hi just purchased a 2007 RX350 and the navigation is version 2 

What is the best way to update the navigation system as reading up on it, it is by dvd which is located in the boot.

So which way is the cheapest way to update it and what is the most recent version for my model

3 hours ago, shivadread said:

Thanks for your reply.  Do you need to get a specific dvd for the RX or would anyone for a Lexus do

The seller should be able to confirm compatibility with yr car.  I bought a new disc for my 2006 rx400h on eBay last year.  They come in sets of about 4 discs which each cover different regions in Europe.   Some sellers must split the sets and sell the discs individually.   I bought only the one disc which I i wanted and it wasnt very expensive.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 4:34 PM, shivadread said:

Thanks for your reply.  Do you need to get a specific dvd for the RX or would anyone for a Lexus do

The best thing you can do is to take your current dvd out, snap a photo of it and simply find a newer version of that disc on eBay 🙂

No, the best thing you can do is to just leave the factory satnav as a rolling screensaver because it's old, clunky, counter-intuitive and just awful and use a standalone satnav or Waze on your smartphone instead :laughing:

• Like 1

Just received the dvd update disc through the post.  To install it, it has a note that I need to eject old dvd, disconnect Battery for 15 to 20 mins and then connect Battery and load new dvd.  Does this sound right and when you disconnect the Battery does this not do something to the windows and also will I need a radio code.

6 hours ago, shivadread said:

Just received the dvd update disc through the post.  To install it, it has a note that I need to eject old dvd, disconnect battery for 15 to 20 mins and then connect battery and load new dvd.  Does this sound right and when you disconnect the battery does this not do something to the windows and also will I need a radio code.

I just swapped the DVD.

Think I had to have the ignition on, but never disconnected the Battery...

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 5:32 PM, Herbie said:

No, the best thing you can do is to just leave the factory satnav as a rolling screensaver because it's old, clunky, counter-intuitive and just awful and use a standalone satnav or Waze on your smartphone instead :laughing:

Biggest problems with using a smartphone or tablet are:

1) getting a GPS signal

2) finding a way to mount the device to the screen or dash.  How do you do it?

9 hours ago, welland said:

Biggest problems with using a smartphone or tablet are:

1) getting a GPS signal

2) finding a way to mount the device to the screen or dash.  How do you do it?

Have a look at my posting in this topic here - I think it's post No. 5 if I remember right: